Chapter 80

Lucky

"Fuck, I should have known... " Abel uttered, sounding like he was disappointed at himself.

     Abel and I were still in the lavatory. After our most steamiest encounter as a couple, after pleasure had taken place, somehow we had comported ourselves and were ready to leave until I blurted it out that I had seen Faiqah earlier.

     We were both leaning against the counter, him facing the mirrors with his hands flat on the counter, me facing the cubicles with my back to the mirrors.

"When I came back, I could tell you were upset about something. When she approached me, I should've figured it out that she'd bothered you first."

"That woman is mad." I breathed out, folding my arms.

He scoffed. "You're telling me..."

"Apparently, not only does she want to sleep with you, she also wants me in her bed too." I hissed in remembrance.

"Oh she said that to you too." Abel didn't seem surprised. "She likes you and asked me to bring you to her. She wants to have a threesome. Says she wants to help."

It was my turn to scoff.

"She spread her legs and asked me to touch her then and there. I just sat there in shock."

"She tortured me." I said, wetting my lips. "Said I couldn't handle you. She asked if I had given you a blowj-" I cut myself short because I instantly knew he would figure it out.

"So that's why..." He sounded disappointed. "That's the only reason you wanted to..."

Silence.

"I should've known, you were so bold and it was a different kind of boldness. She provoked you into doing that."

"She said I couldn't handle you, that I'm a child and that I can't give you want you want, that you'll eventually get tired of me!" I said all in one breath.

"Do you really believe that nonsense?" Abel asked softly.

"She also said I don't have what it takes to turn you on, to 'fuel your libido'... she said all that to my face, Abel! It hurt and it was embarrassing."

"Lucky, all you have to do is smile at me for it to feel like my crotch is about to explode." He retorted, turning to face my profile. "Don't listen to anything that psychotic bitch tells you. You don't have to feel insecure because of her, she means nothing to me. As far as I'm concerned, she's trash. You're fucking beautiful and you're more than enough for me, okay?"

That calmed me down little. I held is gaze reassuringly but then remembered something I needed to ask him.

"Abel?" I called.

"Hmmm?"

"Faiqah implied something. And I can't get the thought out of my head."

"Nothing that woman says is original." He droned.

"Are you sure about that?"

He narrowed his eyes at me, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. "What is it?"

Silence.

What I wanted to ask was a serious allegation and I knew I had to tread carefully. I was desperate to see his reaction though.

"Was Faiqah the only one who molested you as a child?"

Abel's eyes widened and he blinked several times. I couldn't stop now.