Chapter 3

Lucky

Standing in the hallway, at the front of the door, I craned my neck and peered into the classroom. It was quiet, the teacher was writing on the green board, students were busy scribbling away on their notebooks. Some of them were fooling around though, some were even busy with their phones. I sighed, opened the door and walked in causing all eyes to land on me.

"yes?" The teacher said, drawing my attention to him. He was a bald dark skinned man with three tribal marks on both cheeks, and a growing stubble.

I walked to him and handed him my schedule, his eyes briefly scanned it before he placed a hand on my shoulder and said: "Class, this our new student and her name is Lucky Adekunle." before turning back to the board. "get yourself a seat."

I scanned every face in the class, a few boys smirked and winked at me. The girls gave me small smiles, some bored looks. There were two empty seats, one at the right column, at the back of the class, another at the middle, on the fourth row behind a blond haired, biracial boy. The girl sitting by his right raised her hand, and beckoned me over with a grin was plastered on her face. I walked to her, she raised her hand, stopping me, she then turned to the biracial boy next to her and she said:

"Hey, Best. Mind moving to the back seat?" She smiled sweetly at him and batted her eyelashes.

"Seriously?" He said but eventually rolled his eyes and caved. "Fine."

"Okay, Lucky. You can sit here." She beamed, I took my seat. "I'm Naomi by the way, Linda's cousin."

Looking at her now, I realised that she did look like Linda. Her beautiful caramel skin, huge almond eyes framed by glasses resting on the bridge of her nose. Her hair, short grey braids stopping under her jawline.

"I'm Best." The biracial boy said from behind giving me a two finger salute, I noticed his eyes were blue, I instantly fell in love with them. I smiled at him and he returned it.

"So, students as you can see -" The teacher whose name I learned was Mr Yemi paused amidst his explanation and sighed. "I see Mr Ejiofor isn't in class again, anybody know where he is?"

"I don't think he came to school today." a random female student replied.

"He did." another argued.

"I didn't see him."

"we all saw him." This time it was Naomi who answered the person.

"he's probably doing some girl in the lavatories." A boy with a low 'fro said. My eyes widened at that comment, the rest of the class chuckled. Even Naomi smirked, locking gazes with him.

Hmmm...

"He's probably adding more 'designs' to his body." The class quieted down after someone said that, I found the teacher scowling.

Designs...?

What does that mean?

"who said that!?" Mr Yemi queried, his voice now very harsh, when no one answered him he added. "If you don't tell me who said that, you will all be staying in this classroom during recess!"

"Ebimo said it, sir!" The boy with the low afro piped in, earning a glare from a boy I presumed to be Ebimo - sitting beside him.

"Thank you, TJ." Mr Yemi said then turned to the boy glaring at TJ. "Ebimo, stay behind after this class."

~*~*~*~

"So, how did you enjoy Mr Yemi's class?" Best asked the minute we stepped out of the classroom.