Chapter 66

Abel

Bisola sat up, sneering at him. "What is wrong with you? Why would you treat me like that? Like I'm shît. Don't I turn you on anymore?"

With his hands on his head, he spat out: "Bisola, how could I be turned on when my mother is in the hos-pi-tal, in a bloo-dy coma!?" His last words were broken down and articulated with anger.

"I was just trying to... comfort you... " She defended.

"With sex?"

"It's a good distraction." She shrugged nonchalantly.

"The bloody hell it is!"

"What's with the fuss? You had no problem with it before. You would show up at my place unannounced and you would pounce on me. You would call me up whenever you said you felt... " She made air quotes with her fingers. "...tense."

"That was before."

"So what!? What?" She raised her voice, expressing anger and that irked him. "What's the difference now?"

Unbelievable!

With a glare, he fired back. "Maybe the fact that my mother's in the hospital fighting for her life!"

"You're just using her as an excuse!" She cried out.

What?

She began gesticulating to express her emotions. "You started avoiding me. It's been happening for months now. You never have time for me, you treat me like pure shit these days and now you're making up another excuse just to push me away from -"

Outraged, he bellowed: "Oh my God, stop talking! Shut the fůck up, would you? Are you listening to yourself? Do you realise how insensitive and selfish you sound? I'm using my mother as an excuse? What the hell? You think you're hot shît, huh? Think you're something special? For me to make up excuses to drive away. How the hell can you even say I'm using my mother as an excuse? Do you know how offensive that was?

You say you want to be there for me... How could you be there for me when you can't even understand a fraction of what I feel. Maybe if you tried to be a little understanding and selfless..." He threw his right hand up and brought his index finger and thumb close so they were mili-metres apart. "... and a little less of an attention-seeking nymphomaniac! I would feel comfortable around you and actually confide in you, go visit you and call you. Not what you're doing." He then cupped his head. "You're fücking stressing me and you're irritating me, can't you see that?"

Silence.

     Bisola looked shell-shocked, hurt was evident on her expression. They maintained eye contact for a while until she broke It and looked down at herself as if asking what she was doing here. She was practically naked, sitting topless with her skirt gathered around her waist, displaying her underpants.

She lowered her gaze and spoke sotto voce. "You're such... an asshole." She shook her head. "And to think I came here with the intention of telling..." Her words faded as if she decided against it. "You know what...? Fůck you."

     She slowly rose to her feet, her heels adding to her already tall five feet ten frame. She stooped to pick up her top she had flung away earlier, proceeding to put it back on. She untucked her hair from the top and stood erect, fixing her eyes back on him. Abel realised she had tears in her eyes.

"I hope your mother gets better." With that, she turned and walked down the passageway. In a matter of minutes, he heard the door slam shut.

I don't need this kind of drama right now.