Birthday boy

Ianto woke with a stifled yawn. Kody the koala was still tucked up next to him, jack however was not. He stared sleepily around the room as if searching for his boyfriend before the door opened and the delicious aroma of bacon wafted around the room. "Hey birthday boy" jack practically sang as he placed a tray on ianto's lap. Ianto blinked down at the bacon sandwich on his plate, "you... cooked... for me" he stated blinking twice in slight confusion. "Should I not have?" Jack questioned becoming equally confused. "No no I just didn't  take you for the type... to cook for his boyfriend" ianto confessed as he begun eating his food. Jack shrugged "I'm not ... not usually but... there's just something about you ianto... I'd do anything for you... to make you happy".

"Right up!" Jack demanded once ianto had eaten his meal "we have got a busy day... you are coming down for presents from us all ...
Mostly presents from me but hey can't a guy spoil his boyfriend, then go to your mums so you can see her for the rest of the day and spend time with her and then tonight we're having a party back here" he babbled. Ianto had looked thoughtful for a while and suddenly he burst out, "I want you to come with me... like a... family outing". Jack blinked "what?"
"With me and mam ... it'll be fun ... I hope... like a family ... she likes you jack and I know she wants to get to know you better." Ianto confessed. Jack nodded slowly "okay, yeah why not" he agreed as ianto made his way to the shower.

Finally they were downstairs, Jack was itching to see if ianto liked his presents. "If any of the presents make me cry in front of your mum, I swear to god I will choke you jack harkness" he hissed only half jokingly as he made coffee for himself and jack. "Maybe I'm into that... maybe you should try" jack muttered, yelping slightly with surprise when ianto whipped him playfully with a tea towel. They made their way into the living room, careful not to spill the coffee they were holding. Ianto stopped dead in the door way, staring at the scene before his eyes. Jack's mother was sat between two rather large piles of presents, grey sitting excitedly in her lap. "Are these... for me?" Ianto muttered, slightly dazed. "Well who else would they be for" mrs harkness laughed "the smaller pile is from me and grey and the bigger pile is from jack... he went slightly overboard". Ianto huffed a small laugh "y-you all did" he joked slightly, when he was a child he was lucky to get more than two presents on his birthday and now here they were presenting him with what was easily thirty presents. He sat down on the sofa and was presented with a small parcel from Grey "That ones from me" he informed ianto proudly "I picked it all by myself for you". Ianto nodded, smiling and unwrapped the present carefully. Inside was a small metal key ring of a koala clutching bamboo. "It's like kody" grey explained as ianto slipped it onto his bunch of keys, "I love it" Ianto smiled. They went through the presents rather quickly so that ianto and jack could get to Mrs Jones'. From Mrs harkness, ianto got various different books from the series he was currently reading, a replacement of his favourite red shirt which she had found one evening mysteriously screwed up in the corner of the room with over half the buttons missing and strewn over the floor, she also got him all of the James Bond DVDs and a rather expensive looking watch. From jack, however, ianto got a build a bear koala wearing a suit (which he named Kaiden), a book on queer history (because they're queer and they met in history class according to Jack), a red silk tie and a black shirt which ianto assumed was to wear together, a measuring tape (shit so jack had read his diary), he also got a small silver promise ring with the same engraving as on the stop watch (this very nearly made Ianto cry... but he didn't ... so there). Obviously that wasn't all the presents ianto got... but he would literally be there all day if he were to list them all.

"Actually there's one last present ... it was too big and awkward to wrap so it's in the garage.. follow me" jack told him suddenly, leading
Ianto out of the room. "Jack wha..." Ianto protested as jack covered his eyes and led him into the garage. His eyes were uncovered and he may have gasped aloud. There stood a keyboard... something he had always wanted since he was a kid. "I remember you saying you wanted a keyboard as a kid and ... are you okay?" Jack looked in concern at ianto. "Jack I .... I love you" he smiled his eyes glistening with tears, he was at a loss for words. He pulled jack into a searing kiss, half as a thank you and half because he really did just love kissing jack.

They soon had to leave for lunch with ianto's mum. It was a very pleasant day, Ianto's mum gave him his presents which were a book of piano music (ianto assumed him mum had been speaking to jack behind his back) and a set of rather nice cuff links. The lunch was good too, it wasn't too fancy but it was like they were a family and ianto liked that. They laughed and chatted and all in all had a great time. But soon they had to leave ... they did have a party to set up and everything.

Grey and jack's mum were staying at a hotel for the night so the boys had the house to themselves for the party. Ianto was surprised when jack told him who was attending, he had assumed people wouldn't want to have anything to do with him now they had graduated but apparently he was wrong. The whole of "torchwood" were coming including Lisa and tosh, a lot of people from school were also coming. It was going to be a great night.

"Do I leave the tie undone or done up" ianto questioned making his way out of the bathroom. Jack looked up from his phone, "oh definitely undone with that top button undone too, you look hot like that" he commented, smirking when ianto blushed. Ianto was wearing the black shirt jack had got him with tight black jeans, the red silk tie was draped around his neck.

Soon enough people began arriving to the party. Owen with tosh on his arm and Lisa at their side, Rhys and Gwen already slightly tipsy and large amounts of students appeared on jack's doorstep. Before they knew it the party was in full swing and everyone was enjoying it. Music blared and alcohol was consumed... a lot of alcohol. They played spin the bottle and once again ianto found himself kissing half the school. He didn't really mind... plus it always got jack a little jealous and wound up which more often than not translated to the bedroom. They danced and drank the rest of the night away and soon jack felt a chin resting on his shoulder... ianto. "Hey baby you okay?" He questioned, his voice slurred. Ianto nodded "mmm" he mumbled into jack's neck. "Tired?"
"Uh uh" ianto shook his head pulling jack towards the stairs. "Oh I see" jack chuckled as he was practically dragged to his bedroom "Ianto we aren't being very good hosts" he slurred, gasping slightly when he was pushed roughly onto his bed. "Don't care" ianto informed him as he kissed jack hotly "they can take themselves home when they like". He straddled jack and pulled impatiently at the Americans shirt. Jack felt cold metal press against his skin, "lots of things you can do with a stopwatch" ianto smirked down at him. "I can think of a few" jack murmured. "There's quite a list" ianto replied in a low voice.

Jack smiled down at the sleeping ianto, he had definitely tired him out. They had been right of course there were many things to be done with a stopwatch. Ianto snuffled in his sleep beside him clutching kody and Kaiden the koalas. If ianto was going to take to sleeping with every plush animal he acquired there would be no room in the bed for jack... or maybe he could just buy a bigger bed ... problem solved.