Remember me

The holiday went quickly and before the pair knew it they were back at school. Everyone knew the two boys were an item and loved each other very much, but that didn't stop girls and boys alike making a move on jack. Ianto wasn't worried, although jack flirted, he knew he wouldn't cheat on him. Until one fateful day. None of torchwood had seen jack that lunch time. Yes... ianto, tosh and even Lisa were officially part of torchwood. Owen was still rather biting to ianto but the Welshman had learnt how to speak up for himself so now it was mainly just playful banter. Ianto wanted to find his boyfriend: he was worried, what if jack was upset?

He heard movement behind the equipment shed. Couldn't hurt to check. Except it could. He poked his head around the corner and ... there he was. His boyfriend. Jack harkness, lips firmly attached to ... who even was that? Some boy ianto didn't even know. Jack eyes widened as he stared into the startled tear filled blue eyes of his lover. Ianto bit his quivering lip before turning on his heel and fleeing. He thought he was fleeing the playground... except, he kept going. He left the school.

He wandered the streets, heart pounding. How could jack do such a thing.

However there was one thing ianto didnt see.

He didn't see how the boy dragged jack round the back of the shed planting his lips firmly on the Americans. He didn't see how jack struggled and struggled against the hold of the experimental teenager. And he definitely didn't see how as soon as his back was turned jack managed to free himself shoving the boy far away. Ianto didn't hear what jack said to the boy "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!! I'm taken you know that ... who even are you ... I don't even know your name and now you've upset my boyfriend and who knows what he could do!!". He wasn't there when jack was stopped from rushing out of the school after him. And he didn't know how jack shouted at the principal that he needed to find ianto ... before he lost him again.

Ianto was left wandering the streets. He glanced at his watch... he should be making his way home. Oh. Since when had he considered jack's house, home? He realised with a pang he had no where to go. He couldn't go back to jack's house... could he? No he couldn't. He felt alone again. He had no one. There was only one place left to go.

He sat in the forest clearing tears pouring down his cheeks. He wasn't even angry. He knew he wasn't good enough for jack. He knew it was only a matter of time before this happened but... maybe there was a part of him who had hoped... that maybe... one day... jack really WOULD marry him. That's how he realised with a horrible pain in his heart. He wanted to grow old with jack harkness. Except, that was never gonna happen. He reached into his bag and pulled out kody the koala... he wanted to throw him. Grind him into the dirt. But he couldn't. He held on to the plush animal as he sobbed. He sobbed harder when he smelt jack on it.

Jack rushed out of school. He needed to find ianto. He went home first. Maybe ianto would be there. He rushed over the massive house tears gathering in his eyes when he realised his house was full of ianto. But the Welshman himself was nowhere to be seen. He yelled for ianto a few times before sweeping out of the house. The forest. He needed to go there... what if he ... no he wouldn't ... not again... but. He stopped for a moment to catch his breath, he could see the forest from a distance. His blood went cold when a burly figure entered the trees. Jack resumed his running. Please let ianto be somewhere else... any where else... please not there. He heard the buzz of a chainsaw and a yell... ianto! As he ran he pulled out his phone dialling the only number he knew too at that moment.

Ianto sobbed. Why would jack do that why would he... footsteps. He turned his head slightly terrified. "Jack?" He called out hopefully, maybe he'd got it wrong maybe... "not jack" came a cruel sounding voice. Ianto's blood ran cold, "dad" he breathed, tears filling eyes once more but this time ... it was fear. "Hello ianto" his dad stepped out from behind a tree chainsaw in hand. Ianto could hold back the scream of fear that left him as the chainsaw revved. He backed up, suddenly tripping on a door and falling backwards. "No one can hear you Ianto... no one cares" his dad told him calmly revving the chainsaw once again. Ianto's tried to scramble back across the floor only to find himself back to back with a tree. This was it... this was the end. His shaky fingers typed
out one text.

Remember me ~ ianto xxxxxxxxxxx

The phone slipped from his hand as he squeezed his eyes tight, bracing himself.