When home is just a house

"Thanks" ianto and jack stood outside iantos house. "Your welcome we'll do math another time then?" Jack replied with slight laughter in his voice. "Yeah" ianto replied "this weekend okay for you..?". Jack nodded and made to walk away "see you around jones, ianto jones". "Listen jack" ianto protested grabbing both of jacks hands to stop him walking away "if you ever need to talk again... you can have me... well not nor HAVE me but you can talk to me" he babbled and jack chuckled "thank you". Ianto watched as the American walked away.

Ianto let himself into his house it was past ten and he had told his parents he would be back at eight. "Friends walk each other home hand in hand these days do they" came the spiteful voice of his father. Ianto spun round "what no course not ....we weren't". "Don't lie to me...." his father spat lurching forward he smelt of drink and his eyes were glazed with anger "oh I'll be back at eight I promise I'm just tutoring someone at maths" his dad mocked in a high pitch voice "what's that code for ey? Sorry mam and dad I'm a pansy and I don't want you to know.... is that why you don't have a girlfriend ? Cause you're a filthy bender". He grabbed ianto by the boys collar and shook him "WELL!?" Ianto trembled "n-no dad". He felt his dads fist connect with his mouth and he staggered out of his grip. He stumbled past his dad and up the stairs to his room. He held a tissue to his bleeding lip and thanked god that it hadn't been worse. He didn't know why his dad always thought that ianto was gay. Ianto didn't have anything wrong with people who WERE gay but... he was straight. Wasn't he?