The teenager (475 words)

The teenager hated this. He could no longer live. He was officially a ghost. He didn't talk, he didn't lift his head. He just observed life from the sidelines. People thought he was the local stoner... of course they did. His behaviour was considered odd, but he couldn't stop it. No seriously he couldn't.

A month later he exited the coffee shop, his latte in hand. "Thanks" he muttered to whoever held the door open for him. He didn't know who, he was too busy staring at the floor. Owen harper stared after him, white in the face, looking like he had just heard a ghost.

There he was again... jack harkness cradling that koala teddy. He sat on the same bench. Jack ignored him, perhaps he didn't even notice him as he muttered to the koala teddy. The teenager listened in, dewy eyed, "I'm sorry kody... I know I let him get away from us... theres not a day that goes by that I don't miss him.". The teenager took a breath... he needed to do this. "Lost someone close to you?" He asked in a broad Scottish accent, jack nodded. "So I have I..." the teenager admitted his accent wavering with emotion. "I wish I could say it gets better but it doesn't it just gets easier..." he added wisely as he tossed his cup into the bin and sauntered away. Jack looked after the boy tearily... there really was something familiar about that walk...

The teenager rubbed his throat pulling a grimacing face beneath his cap, how could an accent strain his voice so much? Didn't actors do this shit all the time?

More importantly, had jack given up?

He rushed through town, suddenly not wanting to be there. He needed to get away and he knew exactly where to go. This was risky... really risky but he needed some time alone. He stopped suddenly, spitting a mother and her child... he knew that child... grey harkness. The teenager smiled as grey waved his toy around. He must be seven now. He really was beginning to look like his brother. The teenager  locked eyes with grey accidentally. The boy stopped dead, eyes widening as he turned to his mother pulling on her sleeves but when they turned back. The teenager was gone. He was getting good at disappearing. Just like a real ghost.

He weaved through the forest, sighing as he came to the clearing. He lay beneath the sun as it cracked through the leaves. After a few minutes he stood up. He felt restless... he didn't know why. He just wanted... he glanced around checking he was alone before he removed his cap. Ianto jones sat in the sun and began to cry. Lying to jack hurt... but how could he get his former captain to figure it all out.