Date

They didn't need to take the bus into town it was an easy walk. Ianto still picked Lisa up from her house as best as he could when walking. He had given her flowers which, judging by her expression, had been the right thing to do. She linked her arm through his happily and he let her.

The cinema was busy. Ianto put an arm round Lisa to protect her from being jostled which seemed to please the girl very much. When they finally got to the desk Lisa showed their tickets and Ianto bought popcorn plus a large drink of Lisa's choice with two straws. Lisa apparently thought that this was romantic... ianto just had never had much money and always made do with what he had. But he didn't mention it. To make matters decidedly worse Lisa had chosen a horror. Ianto supposed it was so she could burrow into his chest at the most scary parts. What actually ended up happening was Lisa watched intently eating popcorn, undisturbed while ianto watched through his fingers and sometimes, very rarely letting out an incredibly manly squeak...

Towards the end of the film ianto felt his phone vibrate. He snuck a peek at it and smiled slightly at the words on the screen.

Having a good date? Offer still stands at mine, I'm bored out of my literal mind! I'm not even going to drink tonight in case you come ... don't wanna be too wasted to enjoy your gorgeous face do I? Sorry you're on a date... with a pretty girl... I know. Hope to see you soon - jack x

Ianto slipped his phone away discretely before Lisa noticed and turned back to the film where he realised the end credits were just starting. He and Lisa left the cinema quickly to avoid the  rush and began their walk back to Lisa's house. Lisa carries the left over popcorn and was suddenly very glad she had, had the sense to leave the flowers at her house. They walked in near silence only talking to discuss the film... well Lisa's way of discussing a film ... taunting ianto that he was absolutely terrified. It wasn't his fault he didn't like horrors.

They finally arrived outside of Lisa's house. Lisa balanced the quarter filled popcorn on a nearby wall and turned to ianto. "Thank you so much for a lovely night ianto" she said sounding deliriously happy. Before ianto knew what was happening, let alone how to stop it, Lisa's lips were on his. He tensed, this wasn't how a kiss was supposed to feel. It was supposed to flood his veins with fire and leave him weak at the knees like it had when he had kissed ... jack... sudden images of jack filled Ianto's mind. Jacks smile. Jack kissing him. Jacks perfect hair. Jack stealing a sip of Ianto's milkshake. Jack and his bloody coat... ianto pulled away from Lisa suddenly, leaving her very confused. "I'm sorry" he managed to stutter before he took off. He was managing to do a lot of running these past few weeks.

He thought he was running home, that was, until he passed his house completely. He kept running. He didn't know where he was going as he weaved round corners. He still didn't know where he was going when he turned into a road. In fact he only registered where he was when he was knocking on the door of a house. Jack's house...

Jack sat on the stairs listening to the music and laughter from the party. It was no good it was ten o'clock and ianto hadn't replied to his text so he obviously wasn't coming. He sipped on water... he hadn't been lying when he told us to he wasn't drinking that night. He sighed and stood up, ready to resign to his room when he heard it. Knocking. "I'll get it!" He yelled to his mum in the kitchen. Of course it might not be ianto. But jack could hope. He practically ran to the door. "Expecting someone?" His mum called over the music popping her head out of the kitchen with her eyebrow raised. "Just a friend ianto... the guy who's helping me with my maths" jack explained just as he opened the door.

Ianto stood for a second taking in the sight. Jack. His jack. Well not HIS jack but maybe one day... ianto stared into jacks eyes silently for a second catching his breath from running. He suddenly lunges forward and pulled jack in by his shirt. He crushed their lips together. The kiss was nothing like before, it was passionate and fierce and full of need and want. Ianto let out something between a whimper and a sigh as jack wrapped his arms around Ianto's waist, pulling him closer. They came up for air eventually, leaning their foreheads together. "Hi" jack said softly with a smile "hey" ianto replied with a light breathy chuckle. "Date that bad huh?" Jack asked half joking. Ianto smiled before explaining "she kissed me... and al I could think about was you.". With that last word he pulled jack back into a quick crushing kiss before the former football captain began to tug him towards the stairs.

They were half up the stairs when jack heard his mum hiss his name 'friend?' She mouthed making quote marks in the air with her fingers. Jack just shrugged with a smirk, his mum shook her head fondly before making her way back into the party. The second jacks bedroom door was closed ianto pounced on him again. The kiss was filled with twice the amount of passion than the last. Ianto's jacket was the first to go.