Actions not words

"You alright?". Ianto glanced lazily across jacks pillow into the eyes of the owner of the voice. "Yeah" he smiled sleepily, "not everyday you go on a date and end up in bed with someone completely different." He shifted onto his side and ran a hand down jacks bare tanned chest. He felt jacks hand wrap around his back pulling their bare skin closer together. "You should sleep" jack informed him with a yawn. "One sec then". Ianto rolled over and swiped his jacket off of the floor. He pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to his mum, informing her that he wouldn't be home that night. Jack must have guessed what he was doing because he smiled and reached out an arm for him. Ianto leant his head on jacks chest and it just felt ... right. He let the beat of jacks heart and the feel of jacks hand in his hair lull him to sleep.

"Morning sleepy head" were the first words ianto heard the following day. He groaned slightly "what time is it?" He mumbled and jack chuckled slightly "half ten". "Still morning for another hour and a half" ianto decided burrowing into the blankets and jack. " as much as I'd love to stay here and cuddle I don't think my mom would appreciate finding two naked boys in her sons bed" jack chuckled as he climbed out of bed and tossed ianto his jeans and some spare clean underwear. Ianto laid still with the garments in his hand for a few minutes before deciding it better to actually get up and dressed.

Jack saw ianto out, deciding not to walk him home in case his dad saw them again and got the wrong end of the stick ... although now of course it would be the right end of the stick. Ianto mock tutted at jack "and to think you didn't even take me on a date first ... shame on you jack harkness" he giggled ... actually giggled... ianto jones doesn't giggle. He does now apparently.

He let himself into his house glad that his dad wasn't yet back. The lack of a car in his drive was always comforting to ianto. His mum was there when he opened the door "date with Lisa went well then?" She questioned her arms full of clean, damp linen. Ianto shook his head "no" he said as he went to pour himself a glass of orange juice. His mum frowned "where did you stay then?". "A friends... jack's" he said simply hoping his mother would assume he had just stayed the night at a friends after a bad date. No such luck, almost immediately he heard the words he knew would come sooner or later "ianto is that a love bite?". Ianto's hand flew up to his neck "uhmmm". His mum sighed "oh ianto...". "Don't tell dad" ianto warned her quickly. "Why would I ... not after what he did when jack just walked you home..."
"You heard?"
"Of course I heard ianto it's a little hard to sleep with that going on" she paused a second before continuing "I would have done something but you said not to interfere".
Ianto shook his head "you could get hurt" he muttered and pushed past her up to his room. Once he was in his room he stripped himself of yesterdays clothes. He glanced in his mirror and sighed glad his mother hadn't been able to see more than his neck. His chest and collarbone was peppered with hickeys of various sizes and colours. Despite himself he smiled, thinking of the boy who had put them there. Jack really was a man of action ... not words.

Jack paced up and down in his room, he couldn't bear it any longer. He fired off a quick text.

Everything okay? - jack x

Almost immediately his phone buzzed.

Everything's fine :) you definitely left your mark(s) though - ianto x

Jack smiled at the small kiss at the end of Ianto's text. It was all going to be fine. He hoped.