(Milk) shaken up

It's not a date, it's not a date, it's not a date. So why was Ianto currently stood in the middle of him room tossing clothes over his shoulder in desperation? It's not like jack even cared what he looked like. He probably wouldn't even notice. "What's happened in here" ianto turned towards the voice. His mum was stood in the doorway. she was smiling, so ianto was glad she wasn't really annoyed at his mess. His dad had left an hour ago for a business trip and would be away for the week. Ianto was glad about that. "I'm meeting a friend to study.... jack, his name is" he explained. His mum smiled looking around at the mess "right... not a date then?"
"MUM! No!" Ianto protested.
Ianto knew his mum wouldn't care if he was going on a date with jack but his dad would. So it was a good job ianto wasn't going on a date with jack.... right?

Ianto finally decided on a pair of jeans and red short sleeved shirt. It was a relatively warm day after all. He tidied the clothes off of his floor so he wouldn't have to do it later and made to leave his room. However he paused halfway out the door and grabbed the aftershave off of his dresser. He wasn't trying to impress jack he just felt like using it that day. At least that's what he told himself.

Just an hour later, at four past eleven, ianto entered the milkshake bar. He spotted jack right away, sitting at a small table in the corner. The table had low lighting and seemed rather romantic, But ianto dismissed that thought immediately. Jack looked up from his phone and smiled, waving ianto over. Ianto decided to slip into the seat next to jack, it would be easier to do maths this way. The welsh boy soon realised his mistake. On the side which he and jack were sitting on, there were no chairs, just one sofa like seat that could seat multiple people. Ianto didn't know how close to sit to jack without it seeming odd or how far away to sit without it seeming like he couldn't stand being near jack. He couldn't help but look jack up and down. The American had ditched his military coat completely, ianto supposed it was too hot for it. The former football captain normally dressed in simple jeans and a t-shirt but today, he was dressed in a shirt and a rather nice pair of black jeans much like ianto was. The shirt jack had chosen was blue and long sleeved, the sleeves were rolled up military style and in a way that quite suited him. Ianto tried not to notice how how the shirt hugged jacks figure or how it had slipped to reveal jacks collarbone, just so. "Hi" jack greeted him with a smile, "hey" ianto replied lamely.

As jack took out his maths book, ianto noticed a group of waitresses giggling in the corner of the shop obviously checking jack out. He didn't care. He especially didn't care when the waitress took their orders and flirted shamelessly with jack. And he definitely didn't care when jack flirted back leaving the waitress swooning over his accent. "I can't do it!" Jack announced dramatically, throwing his hands in the air in defeat "the calculator's obviously broken its giving me all the wrong numbers".
"That's it, blame the calculator" ianto smirked causing jack to throw him an accusing look with a pout. "Want me to give you a hint?" Ianto offered with a laugh, jack nodded furiously. "You need to divide by the third number ... not multiply" he watched for a few seconds of jack glaring questioningly at the calculator before the American's face lit up "I did it!" He exclaimed looking quite like a child at Christmas. "Alright...You" he pointed at ianto "don't help me on the next question.... I want to do it myself". Ianto watched as jack worked intently only pausing to push a stray hair back into place. Their milkshakes arrived and the same waitress before took her time in leaving. Ianto wasn't too sure why but he eyed her warily on her way back to her station. It was then Ianto realised he himself was also being watched... by jack. "Eyeing her up?" Came the American drawl he was beginning to know so well. Ianto started "what? no!" Jack laughed for a second before looking at ianto again. "You look nice..." he said quietly almost too himself "red's really your colour". Ianto blushed "y-you don't look too bad yourself" he managed to joke. Jack pushed his work towards him with a smile "how did I do?". Ianto glanced down, a little disoriented by the sudden change of topic "oh uh y-yeah it's good you did you". "Yay!" Jack laughed in mock victory as he put his book away, "so... tell me about yourself ianto any brothers? Sisters? What are your parents like?" Jack questioned as he sipped his milkshake, catching ianto way off guard. Ianto smiled "I've got a sister, she's older .. at uni. My mam is wonderful.. she works a lot though she's a nurse so she's not there often but when she is she really makes the time worthwhile.... and my dad..." he trailed off his had unconsciously touching his split lip. "Your dad did that to you?" Jack questioned softly. Ianto opened his mouth to protest, but he realised there was no point so he shut it again silently. "Ianto I'm sorry ... you don't deserve that" jack reached out a hand and touched Ianto's lip softly with his thumb, he smoothed his had over Ianto's cheek until he was cupping the welsh boy's face lightly. There was just centimetres between their faces. Jack began to close the gap as he leant in. Ianto did the same... until... He suddenly realised what he was doing and leapt away from jack like a terrified kitten. He gathered his things and left money on the table to pay for his milkshake before rushing out the shop leaving a confused jack harkness in his wake. Ianto rushed to the bus stop. He wasn't too sure why he had reacted that way. Yes he was. He wasn't gay he didn't like jack like that ... jack was just his friend. Yes that was it. So why was he feeling all shaken up about it?