Pull me closer and make it okay

Jack watched, pulling ianto closer protectively as a woman approached. "Rhiannon?" Ianto mumbled peering out from jack's arms. "Oh ianto thank god..." the woman, Rhiannon apparently, exclaimed. "I heard horrible things ... a student who took their own life at your school and I know you haven't been happy  and I was so scared it was you and when I stopped hearing from mam dad and you I really feared the worst ... I couldn't get off uni for months and I only just managed to get here" she babbled at top speed. "Rhi..." ianto said hoarsely "it was me... I did try but ... it didn't work ... dad was so angry because of..." he gestured to jack "he wanted to kill me... he really did so mam decided to pretend I HAD died she said it was protecting me but... it didn't feel like I'm ... im living with jack currently so ... don't... Don't tell them you saw me yeah?" He attempted food explain in one go. Tho nodded slowly "you... ran away" she understood, in a way she was always loved by the family but even she feared their dads temper "I don't get it ... why would they want to keep you away from new friends". Ianto sighed he knew this would be difficult. "Jack ... this is my sister Rhiannon... rhi this is jack my" he paused for a second waiting for a confirming nod from jack "my boyfriend" he finished finally. Rhiannon gaped "Nooooo" she exclaimed "I mean.. you're not are you... I mean you've got good taste I'll give you that but Jesus ianto!". Ianto blushed, "we have to go though" he informed her "I'll Uh I'll see you around okay ... don't let into mam and dad you know anything just ... just like ... please.. just let them tell you their side k?". They dragged themselves out the shop and round the corner "god" ianto huffed moving a shaky hand to cover his eyes. Jack noticed the shaking immediately.  "Hey... you okay?" He asked, concerned. Ianto nodded. "You wanna go back? We can take the bus?". Ianto nodded again. Jack fired off a text to his mum telling her where they would be before they made their way to a bus stop.

They laid on jack's bed just enjoying each other's company. Ianto's head rested in jack's lap as he looked up at the american. "Do you want to go back to school ianto?" jack questioned. Ianto shrugged "I should get a job I mean I don't have qualifications but I'm sure there's a coffee shop somewhere or.." he bumbled before jack pressed a finger to his lips. "That's settled then ... don't start ranting about money and where you're gonna live ... you go back to school and live here with us". Ianto sat up "no jack I couldn't I.." this time jack cut him off with a soft loving kiss.

They didn't know when they had drifted off to sleep, but they had. Jack didn't usually dream but when he did it usually wasn't good dreams. Today though... it was odd. The dream was bad .. nothing unusual there but.. it was like a montage. A montage of all the people he had lost. In his mind he watched as his dads health deteriorated before his very eyes, he watched as John crumpled to the floor but finally there he was, ianto. First ianto fell the the floor a bottle of pills sliding from his hand, then he was back smiling and reaching out a hand but when jack reached out... ianto pulled his hand away. "You're the stupid reason" dream ianto told him "you're the reason I tried to kill myself ... why are you keeping me here ? I don't want to be here ... I hate you jack harkness what made you think I could ever love you". Jack woke with a gasp, sweating. "Jack ... jack what's wrong ?" Came Ianto's voice. Real ianto. He pulled jack close wrapping his arms around him. "Shhh cariad I've got you ... you're safe ... everything's okay love" he soothes running his hand over jack's back. "Do you still want me?" Jack questioned in a small voice "you don't... you don't... hate me do you?". Ianto smiled softly. "No sweetheart ... of course I don't hate you. I love you so so so so much okay I always will ... never forget that".

They heard the front door slam. Well... there went the moment. Oh well, life's not perfect. Jack's mum called then down... dinner. Fish and chips by the smell of it. Okay ... jack and ianto could do that. They could do anything together. Especially food... because... obviously. The point is when they were together everything was okay.

"OH SHIT"

"IANTO! OW!!! YOU KNOCKED ME OFF THE BED"

"IM HUNGRY"

Well... almost everything.