True rumours

Ianto trailed into school Monday. His mum had been true to her word and as far as iantos father was concerned his date with Lisa had gone well and he had not stayed the night anywhere after it. Still, ianto was not looking forward to facing tosh and Lisa, after all running away after a date can't be the right behaviour. His eyes fell on a sobbing Lisa being consoled by a sympathetic tosh. He decided to take a seat away from them for the first time in his life as tosh glared daggers at him from her seat. He watched discretely as Lisa disappeared out of the common room and into the girls bathroom presumably to clean herself up.

"Where the hell did you go after your date with Lisa? apparently you ran past your house" came the annoyed tone of his friend. Ianto looked up. He hadn't realised Lisa had watched him run past his own house. "Sorry" he muttered looking back to his book. Tosh swiped his book clean out of his hands "sorry won't cut it ianto WHERE did you go!" She repeated beginning to raise her voice. "I needed to talk to a friend ... I went to jack's .. happy now?".
"Oh yeah just to talk?"
"YES tosh just to talk"
Tosh reached forward and before he could stop her she had pulled on the neck of his t-shirt and revealed the hickey that was still very much prominent on his heck. "I .... Uhm" ianto stuttered struggling to get away from tosh. She held onto his t-shirt, the material stretched revealing the hickeys that peppered his collarbone and disappeared under his shirt obviously covering his chest as well. "Jesus Ianto" tosh exclaimed letting him go forcefully. "Tell me the truth for once did you actually go jack's or some other girls". Ianto's eyes fluttered closed for a second "jack's" he muttered quietly. "Jesus ianto" tosh repeated her voice rising rapidly "she is DISTRAUGHT ... why did you even go on the date you could have just TOLD US YOU WERE GAY!" The whole common room fell into silence. Tosh covered her mouth as if she was shocked at what she had just said. Ianto snatched the book out of her hand and stormed out of the common room feeling like all eyes were on him.

Lisa returned to the common room looking a little more like herself "what happened... tosh?" "He's gay... at least I think he is... he slept with jack... or got close to it..." tosh muttered slightly stunned.
"What are you on about ... who... who's gay?!"
"Ianto... and I just outed him".
Tosh turned to look at Lisa. "I'm going home.. I can't deal with this today" the heartbroken girl murmured to her friend. Tosh nodded understandingly.

And so the rumour started that ianto jones was, in fact, a homosexual.

Ianto flung himself under the tree, hidden from view. This would spread like wildfire through the school, what's more his dad would definitely find out now. He shuddered at the thought. He glanced at his watch. He had history now. He wasn't going. How could he go after that?

Jack glanced worriedly at the empty seat beside him. Where was ianto? "Have you heard" one girl piped up maliciously "apparently ianto jones is gay ... he went on a date with Lisa Hallett just to prove he wasn't ... poor Lisa's heartbroken .. I know i would be." "It's disgusting" one boy piped up. "Where is Jones Anyways?". "Run away into oncoming traffic with any luck I would if I realised I was gay". Jack's hands shook with worry and rage as he endured an hour of taunts directed at Ianto.

The minute the bell rang jack was off like a shot. Somehow he knew exactly where to look for Ianto.

"I knew I'd find you here" jack said with a smile as he found the welsh boy leaving against the tree. "What happened theyre all saying.. hey heeeeyyy what's wrong it's okay I'm here". Ianto had begun to cry. He didn't know why he was crying. Well he did. But he didn't know why he was crying NOW in front of jack. He felt the American sit down beside him. He felt an arm snake round him pulling him to safety. "I know it's not a good time but .... do you want to go on a date with me?" Jack muttered. This made ianto laugh slightly through his tears "you really do have no filter do you" he teased smiling up at jack with watery eyes. "Is that a no or a yes"
"It's a yes"
"Want me to take you home? Get away from all this?" Jack asked him with good intentions
"NO!" Ianto exclaimed startling jack
"I'm sorry I mean. Just my dad..." he muttered, embarrassed.
"We could go back to mine?" The American suggested. Ianto nodded drying his eyes. He hadn't exactly known jack long but he could already tell he was a good guy.