Forever and always

The next month or so was a blur for the two young lovers. Before they knew it, it was graduation day. Ianto had been chosen to give a speech and was rather nervous about it. "Yan, calm down. you'll be okay" jack soothed planting a kiss on the top of Ianto's head from behind. He hadn't actually heard the speech yet, for some reason ianto didn't want him to hear it... but he was sure it was great. Ianto was still back living with his mum. After his dad had been arrested, she had become a lot more confident and accepting of her son. Almost more accepting than she had been before Ianto's dad found out. But ianto had stayed at jack's the night before graduation and now they were getting ready together.

Ianto leant back against jack, his eyes fluttering closed: his eyes had filled with tears and he didn't want jack to see him cry over something so silly. But jack knew... of course he did... jack always knew. "Hey hey... what's wrong tiger?" He questioned softly. Ianto shook his head, laughing at himself slightly. "I'm... just I .... what if they all laugh at my speech" he mumbled in a small voice. Jack pulled him close from behind "oh ianto... baby, they aren't going to laugh at you". Ianto smiled softly, he would never admit it out loud but he liked when jack called him 'baby'. "Alright then Sweetheart dry those beautiful baby blue eyes of yours and get moving we need to be there in half an hour." Jack concluded wiping away the tears on the welshman's cheeks that ianto hadn't even realised he had let slip.

They got there just in time to get seated. Ianto and jack sat together, with jack's mum next to jack and Ianto's mum next to ianto. The room fell silent when the principle made his way across the stage. The ceremony went as any other graduation ceremony would, but then... it was time for Ianto's speech. He made his way up to the stage, twiddling his thumbs slightly with anxiety. He knew jack was there and, somehow, it made him feel marginally better.

On the whole it all went rather well but then it came to the part he really was anxious about saying. The reason he hadn't wanted jack to hear his speech. "You see" he began, glancing at his cards nervously "I couldn't have got here without my ... boyfriend... jack harkness... I'm sure you all know him, good looking, a bit arrogant but we love him for it. I don't even think I'd be here, without jack....". Finally his speech was ever and he was able to rush down the steps. He sat back down in his seat, immediately being dragged into a hug by jack. "You did amazing love" he murmured.

That night they ditched the after party and did what they did best, movie night and ice cream. "No really ianto I do think your speech was impeccable I could listen to your beautiful welsh vowels all day" jack informed his boyfriend as he fed him Ben and Jerry's phish food ice cream. Ianto smiled and wrapped his tongue around the spoon, sucking the cold ice cream into his mouth. He leant against jack contentedly, watching the characters on the sci-fi show prance around with guns. "I could see you doing that ..." he mumbled through a mouth of ice cream. "Doing what?" Jack questioned frowning slightly. Ianto gestured to the screen "the boss man" he stared simply. "The immortal one who keeps going off?". Ianto laughed "yeah him... except... you're not immortal or that good looking soooo". He felt himself be shoved "Oi you take that back" jack laughed. Ianto shrugged "Sorry you're so very hansome babe" he giggled. "Hey... say that again .... babe... I like it... it's....domestic" jack mumbled as ianto cuddled into him. "Ooooo Thats you ... the cute archivist who makes coffee" jack exclaimed suddenly, pointing at the screen. "What are they sposed to be doing in this show anyway...."  jack mumbled. "They save Cardiff from aliens" ianto explained simply. "They're not very good at it" the american critiqued.

Midnight struck and jack scrambled off the sofa. "Jack wha..." ianto mumbled as jack stumbled from the room. Jack returned holding a small parcel "happy birthday ianto" he smiled "this is just one of your presents I... wanted to spoil you". Ianto took the parcel gingerly and peeled back the wrapping, he lifted the lid and inside the box was an old fashioned gold stop watch with engraving on the back "am byth a bob amser...." he read aloud "... forever and always" he said with a smile, tears prickling at his eyes. "You like it?" Jack asked anxiously. Ianto grinned "i love it... but... I'll hold you to that promise". He yawned adorably, jack smiled affectionately at you "come on little one let's get you to bed" He murmured softly. Ianto snuffled sleepily as he was pulled to his feet "m'not tired... lots of things you can do with a stopwatch" he suggested stumbling slightly as jack practically carried him up the stairs. "I'm sure there is sweetie but right now it's time for bed" he informed his adorable boyfriend. Ianto didn't protest as his new favourite stopwatch was placed onto the table as he was stripped of his clothes and tucked into his side of the bed. His side of the bed? Yes he liked that... like they were kinda married. He liked staying the night at jack's, he liked being home too don't get him wrong but there was something so nice about cuddling up with his boyfriend. He would see his mum tomorrow anyway ... or... later that day? Did it count as the next day if he hadn't slept yet? He didn't care really, he would see his mum for his birthday. He cuddled into jack feeling something soft press into his hand. He smiled at jack as he recognised it as kody the koala. He never really slept without the plushie anymore, he didn't care if it was childish.