Saving and caring

Suddenly, as if god was answering his prayers, an angry sounding voice boomed out. "STEP AWAY FROM HIM!". Ianto looked up shaking with fear, he locked eyes with his saviour. Jack. Ianto's father stopped, "and who do you think you are... JACK" he spat spinning around to lock eyes with the american. Jack looked furious, his eyes blazed and suddenly... he looked like a man... he towered above everything. Underneath it all, though, was love... he loved ianto with all his heart. "Drop the chainsaw" he ordered making it sound like a threat. Ianto's dad stood his ground "come any closer and I'll kill you too... this is all your fault. "No" jack stated simply "you won't kill me ... now drop the chainsaw and get away from MY BOYFRIEND" he boomed the last two words, making even ianto flinch. Jack and Ianto's father argued back and forth for a good ten minutes when jack began to smirk. "I really would drop the chainsaw if I were you... it'll make thing easier for you ... you see... as you've stood here shouting at me... making your threats... you could've been running". The wind blustering around them suddenly got stronger, except it wasn't wind. A large police helicopter appeared over head, ready to follow Ianto's father if he made a run for it. Cops appeared from the trees, running at full speed. "Mr jones... you're under arrest for attempted murder" came the voice of a police officer as she strode through the trees. The chainsaw fell from Mr Jones' stunned grasp as he was dragged off, struggling slightly. Jack rushed to where ianto sat stunned on the floor, "Ianto! Are you okay? are you hurt?". Ianto shook his head before pulling jack into a searing kiss "thank you thank you" he sobbed when they broke apart falling into each other's arms. Ianto felt free... finally. Reality dawned on him, he looked into jacks eyes as hurt filled his own again "aren't I enough jack?... why didn't you save me if I'm not enough for you?". Jacks eyes teared up as his vision began to swim "ianto ... ianto I do love you... you are enough ... that guy ... he jumped on me... I didn't want him.. I don't even know who he is ... please believe me .. I love you Ianto please never leave me" he babbled, tears were streaming down both their faces now. Ianto nodded slowly "okay" he mumbled hoarsely "I believe you".

After they had been checked over, they were allowed to go home. And it was home, for the both of them. They filled jack's mum in over a cup of coffee. Ianto might have cried but... no one mentioned it. They had a pleasant evening despite the days happening. Oh yes... they had a very good evening.

They laid in bed panting slightly in the afterglow. "Yanno" ianto began, turning to face jack the covers slipping down his bare chest slightly "I really do wanna marry you one day jack harkness... id like to be ianto... Hmm how would we do that" he thought for a second "Ianto Harkness-Jones" he finally decided grandly. Jack chuckled slightly "i like that... that really is the only thing I'd change about you" he confessed. Ianto wrinkled his brow slightly "wait what is?" He asked scronching his nose up adorably. "Your last name" jack whispered leaning over and planting a kiss on Ianto's cute little button nose. Ianto sighed happily as he cuddled down into jack with a yawn, entering the land of dreams.

They woke the next morning to jack alarm blaring. Jack rushed to turn it off "sorry forgot to turn it off last night" he muttered sleepily as he looked into Ianto's eyes. Ianto looked beautiful even with his bed head as he stared into jack's eyes, searching for his soul. "How are you feeling?" Jack questioned, sliding his arm around Ianto's waist pulling him closer. Ianto smiled "a bit shaken... but it's better with you here" he admitted in a low voice nuzzling into jack's chest. "Wanna skip school today... have a duvet day?" He asked ianto smiling when the Welshman nodded sleepily. "Wanna go back to sleep first?" He asked chuckling slightly when Ianto's answer was to pull the duvet closer around them both.

They woke three hours later. Jack turned the tv on and flicked through the various different catch up apps finally deciding on bbc iPlayer. "Don't even have to leave the bed today... well maybe for snacks" he said with a laugh, propping them both up with pillows. It was a great day, in Ianto's opinion. Curled up all day warm and cosy with the man he loved binge watching killing eve. Jack disappeared every now and again only to reappear with a plethora of snacks to choose from. Ianto could very much get used to this.

They finally dragged themselves out of bed and into a large bubble bath in jack's en-suite at seven pm. Ianto laid back in the bubbles against jack as the american kissed his damp hair before lathering shampoo and conditioner into it. Jack loved caring for his boyfriend.

When they were all clean, a process that had to be completed twice for ... reasons, they fell into bed finishing their binge. Jack left again... he didn't come back for a while so ianto padded into the hallway, the first time he had left jack's room all day. There he saw jack making his way up the stairs with a picnic dinner. How he adored his boyfriend.