Chapter fourteen

Okay, this chapter is pretty long, to make up for the amount of time its going to take to write the next chapter. :)

Anyways, enjoy!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word of Dimitri leaving for good spread fast, soon it was everywhere. Everyone was talking about it: Dimitri's coworker's, customers, even people who've never been to Royal knew about it.

Dimitri never knew he was that popular or talk worthy before, until now, that is, when customers of all kinds stopped to wish farewell, some were more emotional than others, those were his regulars.

Some even offered gifts, Dimitri respectfully decline the more expensive, unnecessary ones, especially when the gift happened to be a boat, house, or expensive car. The small stuff Dimitri could handle, even when they gave him money as thanks for his service, though nothing more than a hundred bucks.

Each person said they'd miss him terribly and would either give him a kiss on the cheek, or a hug. Even his coworkers joined in and started planning a farewell party that would be on his last day there. He knew that because he overheard Mike and the others talking about it in secret.

Dimitri never felt so loved.

As the week passed, everything seemed to be going good.

John knew about Dimitri working at Royal for the week and was fine with it as long as Dimitri didn't take night calls. Dimitri agreed wholeheartedly to his requirement.

John had started coming over to Dimitri's house often to help Dimitri clean up his place, which took about four days to do with the amount of trash and organizing that needed to be done, as well as painting. Dimitri was grateful for his help and soon the house looked livable and as close to brand new as it could get.

To make things better, there's been no word from either Oliver or Ralf, which Dimitri was fine with completely. Ralf seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth for now at least. He hasn't shown up at Dimitri's job since the last time, though that might be due to the increase of security more than anything else.

Anyways, now that he was out if the picture, Dimitri could relax and enjoy his happiness while it lasted, for however long it did last.

It was now the last day Dimitri had to go in for work, and as he drove to Royal he couldn't help but be filled with anticipation for the party that was to come.

Dimitri had dressed in his nicest suit and even styled his hair. He hoped he wasn't making it too obvious that he knew beforehand of the party and had dressed up nicely just for it.

Soon he arrived and parked in his spot. He got out and looked around. The place looked packed, cars were everywhere, and not one spot was empty.

Dimitri felt even more nervous now.

Don't forget to act surprised, Dimitri reminded himself as he walked up the steps to Royals front doors.

He walked inside, only to be disappointed when he looked around and saw nothing and no one. Everything looked the same and Dimitri wondered if there really was a party for him today. For a second he thought he had misheard Mike and the other and either got the date wrong, or there was no party anymore.

However, as Dimitri walked farther in, he noticed something on the floor. Looking down he saw a red arrow pointing forward.

Dimitri cocked his head to the side in interest. Am I supposed to follow this? Dimitri questioned.