Chapter ten

Hey everyone, been a while, how are you doing? I hope you're doing well, I know I am. I'll be starting basic training very soon - two days - so that means less time to write. :/

Sorry this chapter is short too, I'll make sure to make the next chapter longer.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was Monday, and in only a matter of hours, Dimitri was going to have to attend a family event hosted by the XXXX Rehab Center, and as much as Dimitri would prefer not going, he knew he had to.

If he wanted his mother to get better, he had to be there for her and support her through this hard time even if she ends up blowing up at the very sight of him and cursing his existence. It was for her that he was doing this.

And even though he should want nothing to do with her because of all the abuse he faced throughout his life, he just couldn't find it in him to truly hate her, which a lot of people would find stupid, but that's just the way Dimitri saw things.

However, on the brighter side of it all, Dimitri didn't have to go in and face her alone; John had volunteered to accompany him.

Speaking of him...

Dimitri looked over at John, watching with mild amusement as he bounced up and down on the car seat, looking around in awe at Dimitri's car. He couldn't hide his excitement even if he wanted to. Every time he tried to put on a serious face, his mask would break and he would start grinning like a fool.

"How come you don't ride this to school?" He asked, looking over at Dimitri with wide eyes.

Dimitri gave him a 'are you crazy' look and said, "I'm supposed to be broke remember, that's what everyone believes, so I have to play the part."

"Oh yeah," he said quietly, a frown on his face.

The rest of the ride to the Rehab Center was quiet, John staring out the window while Dimitri bit his lip in debate, wondering if he should say something to break the now awkward situation they suddenly found themselves in, but decided to play some music instead.

Soon they arrived at their destination and quickly got out of the car and headed towards the depressing looking building covered I what was a sad attempt at what was supposed to be party decorations that hung loose and looked ridiculous. The balloons that were everywhere as we followed the signs that led us to where the event was being held were deflated and halfway to the ground.

Dimitri looked over to John and made a face of disdain, which John laughed at, sending delightful shivers down his back from the sound of it. Dimitri found his lips curling into a small smile against his wishes and John's eyes brightened up.

Immediately Dimitri felt guilty. He was dragging the poor boy that he loved along, making him shoulder all of his burdens with him even though he had tried so hard to make sure that didn't happen, yet it still did. John shouldn't have to deal with all this, but he still agreed to it, and that was so like him.

Dimitri's attention was diverted to somewhere else as they neared two double doors that was clearly the entrance to the event. Voices could be heard from the other side and Dimitri's chest tightened with sudden anxiousness and he found himself worrying over the same things again he shook his head to clear his mind, then opened up the door.

There were at least twenty or thirty tables with people seated around it, except for a few tables that were empty. Dimitri and John went up to the small reception area that occupied the far end of the room and Dimitri wrote his information down and who he was here for, then headed to one of the empty tables, John following after him, and sat down.