Chapter four

Been a while, but new chapter, Yay! :D

Picture of Jordan to the >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dimitri winced in pain as he rolled over on his bed and gently rubbed at his lower back. He was still sore from yesterday, and it was all that asshole Marks fault. Freaking going two rounds in a row without break. How much stamina did that guy have really?

Dimitri let out a groan when he glanced at his clock and saw that it was almost time for him to go to school and reluctantly got out of bed and got ready for school. He went to his closet and opened up the door and picked out his outfit for the back and got in the shower.

Once ready he headed for the kitchen to make something to eat. He glanced around the house but saw no sign of his mother and came to the conclusion that she had finally left the house after so long to get some more drugs.

Dimitri sighed and shook his head. "No use worrying over her, you knew this was going to happened again soon, so don't act so surprised," Dimitri told himself and continued on his pathway to the kitchen.

After fixing up a quick breakfast Dimitri was out the door and heading to school. He met up with Jordan along the way and slowly felt his mood slipping into one of depression as they neared the school.

He knew that he would have to deal with John once again today, like he would have to for the rest of his time in school, just like he also knew that he couldn't keep avoiding John no matter how much he wanted to. Trying to walk those halls without running into him would be as impossible as finding a needle in a hay stack.

They'd end up running into each other eventually, not to mention they did have the last period together, and it would be useless for Dimitri just to skip that class since it would only hurt him in the end. If he didn't pass that class then he'd have to be held back a year, and Dimitri didn't want that.

It would mean being in the presence of John just that much longer. And Dimitri wanted to graduate and move away from this crappy place, and away from his mother. Definitely someplace far away so that he would never see her again.

He's given her enough chances to move on and get herself together, but she has never taken them, and Dimitri was fed up with her constant ridicule and druggie ways. He wanted to get away from it all, and nothing was going to stop that, even John.

The moment Dimitri and Jordan stepped onto school grounds all eyes were on the two and whispers erupted among the students. From where Dimitri stood he could only make out a few words.

"That’s him isn’t it, her son?"

"...caught buying drugs on the street corner...,"

"...probably sells herself for money."

"...knew he was trouble from the moment I saw him."

Dimitri carefully kept a neutral expression on his face as he surveyed those around him, looking as if their scrutiny had no effect on him, but Jordan knew better. He saw the faint amount of sweat that accumulated on Dimitri’s forehead, the tension in his shoulders, and how pale he looked, if only it was a slight difference in skin tone.

"What’s going on?" Jordan leaned over to whisper in Dimitri’s ear.

"I have no idea," Dimitri lied.

He did have a basic idea as to what this was all about from what he pieced together from every ones talk, and he didn’t like it one bit.

What mess have you gotten into now mother? Dimitri questioned angrily.