Chapter twenty

Hey everyone! As I'd predicted, this chapter took as long as I thought it would take.

죄송해요 (joesonghaeyo)

Sorry, over here in South Korea right now on deployment. Been here for a year now, and their language is growing on me. :P

The chapters also a bit short, but I believe I've given it an appropriate cliffhanger to work off with. ;D

I won't keep you any longer.

Enjoy! :)

------------------------------------------

It's been four days since Dimitri's kidnapping, and there's been no luck on finding any clues on his whereabouts during those days.

The most the police have been able to find was Gabriele's abandoned car and the empty house the car was assigned to. Both had no further causes to lead to.

Caral has practically the whole police force tracking Gabriele down; however, Gabriele seems to be doing a great job at laying low, making it so that they have had no sighting of him anywhere. Either that, or he had prepared for this long ago.

John didn't like the latter thought he had crossing through his mind very much, even if he knew that it was the most likely reasoning behind all this trouble the police were all being put through in the search for Dimitri.

During the past four days, John hasn't had it easy either. Between stressing about Dimitri's situation, on top of having to still attend school in the mean time, and trying to, on his free time, snoop around and look for Dimitri himself while using his own connections to do so, John has been on the brink of breaking down.

He's literally got into contact with Cole and had asked him to help him out in the search, which, of course, Cole agreed to without hesitation.

As Cole has connections with people involved in the underground trade system, he paid them to gather information on Gabriele and his current whereabouts or housing; as it is believed that if Gabriele had to hide Dimitri, it would be in his own home.

So far, there has been no luck on the matter, but neither Cole, or John, is willing to give up so easily, as one never knows when information on Gabriele may pop up out of nowhere.

And it seems like John isn't the only one trying his best to speed up the investigation.

Jordan, Dimitri's friend, has been doing his own reader has on the matter. Of course, he hasn't had much luck either, but that's to be expected.

Jordan has been constantly prowling the streets, be it during the day, or late at night, causing his parents to worry over him and his blatant disregard to his safety.

However, Jordan doesn't mind, as long as he feels like he's doing something to help, then he doesn't care what happens to him.

The reason he thinks this, is because he doesn't want to feel any guilt if he were to just wait everything out. He thinks that if he's doing somethings, then there's a higher chance of Gabriele being found faster.

You can't fault the guy for trying to make a difference at least.

However, unbeknownst to Jordan, he's going to play an important role very soon.

Again, today Jordan drove out the driveway of his house to begin his newfound routine.

School had ended around an hour ago, and Jordan was about to start his patterned patrolling of the city.

Usually, Jordan would spend a good hour or two after school, and during the late night, wandering around in search of Gabriele. It was very taxing to do, while also attending school, but it was a manageable schedule for now for Jordan.