Chapter nineteen

Hey everyone, I know it took a good while to get you this chapter. And I know that you have all been itching for it, so, without further ado, here you all go.

Enjoy! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took a long while before John was able to recover from the shock of seeing those two dead bodies. 

He just couldn't seem to get their bloody, pained faces out of his head, and because of that, during the whole ride from Dimitri's house, to the police station, John had been a complete wreck.

It had taken nearly two hours, and some comforting from Caral to calm him down.

However, it was also due to the fact that Caral needed him to help in the investigation regarding those police men's death, and the urgency of trying to locate Dimitri that he snapped out of his daze and returned to normal. Or well, as normal as he could be, considering the situation he's found himself to be in.

It was also during those two hours, when his parents showed up.

The moment they came walking in, panicked, angry voices could be heard throughout the police station. John had recognized their voices instantly, and as soon as he did, he rushed out of Caral's office and into his mother's embrace.

It was then when he completely broke down sobbing into his mother's shoulders. He didn't even care if he was making an embarrassment of himself. In John's opinion, he had every right to act like a big baby after what he saw.

And even though Shara, John's mother, had absolutely no idea what had gone on to cause her son to act like this, she comforted John nonetheless as best as she could until John cried himself out and was left sniffing and red eyed. Shara glanced worriedly over at her husband who was currently questioning the police, trying to find out why they had gotten a call saying that their son was at the police station and that they needed to come in.

It was at that moment when Caral walked into the station, having disappeared for a short time. He was looking down at his phone with a frown, and when he looked up and saw John and his parents, he nodded his head with some relief flashing through his eyes, and walked our way, sliding his phone into his pants pocket as he did so.

"Mr. Caster, Mrs. Caster, I'm glad you two could come on such short notice," Caral said politely.

"Of course, why wouldn't we come? Now, what is this all about?" Harold asked with a scowl as he came over and took up a defensive position by his wife and son's side, as if ready to deny any claims thrown at him about his son.

"Calm down, your son hasn't done anything wrong," Caral hurriedly reassured, seeing my father's actions.

"Then why is he here?" Harold then asked, relaxing some after hearing what Caral said; however, the confusion in his eyes grew more pronounced.

Caral let out a sigh. "Let's discuss this in my office, out here isn't an appropriate place," Caral said, and glanced around the room. Many eyes had made their way in their direction, and some of those eyes belonged to people who had no business knowing what the cause of this commotion was.

These words seemed to cause both Harold and Shara to become even more worried. John, on the other hand, agreed with Caral and, grabbing ahold of the arm of each parent, he pulled along his parents towards Caral's office.

Having cried his eyes out, and gotten rid of all his stress, John appeared calmer now. A hint of determination and stubbornness filled his gaze, and it only grew stronger as he sat down with his parents in Caral's office and listened carefully to Caral re-cap everything that has happened within the past couple of days.