Chapter Sixty One

"You played me

"You played me."

"Is it really playing if you've already won?"

I got a job up here in South Dakota. You want to take a breather and help an old man out? -Bobby.

I do miss the sunshine. I'll see you in a few hours. -El.

"Bobby tell you what the job was?"

"Nope" I shake my head, hiking my duffle further up my shoulder outside the bus station "But I'm sure I'll find out." Hand on my duffle I ask "You going to help Sam with his lead on this Professor?" Seeing the way Dean averts his gaze around the station I know it's already asking a long shot. He doesn't have hope of being saved. Ruby flat out told Dean herself. Still, Sam and I keep the hope alive. Even for a little while longer. Pressing my lips into a line I reach out with my spare hand and take on of his, lacing my fingers with Dean's when I encourage "Indulge him."

"I picked up a case here in Iowa anyway while you're gone", Dean dismisses it, fingers tightening in mine "Guy called in the middle of the night. Unexplained murder. Crazy yammering to nobody on the phone. I mean you're missing out." Smirking I roll my eyes at what sounds like your run of the mill haunting. A smirk of his own appearing Dean taunts "Have fun organizing lore."

Mockingly laughing at him I drop the hand from my duffle and punch Dean's shoulder. Hearing the bus boarding call for South Dakota, I warn Dean "Try not to die whilst I'm gone."

His smirk unfurling into a smile, Dean tugs me closer by my hand "Yes boss." Smiling myself I perk up on my tiptoes to meet Dean halfway. His head dipping towards me I press a quick kiss to his lips, lingering for a moment longer then I should. Granted Dean doesn't make any move to leave sooner tugging me closer against him. Breaking the kiss Dean trails his other hand to fondly glide over my cheek "Travel safe yeah?"

"Will do", I nod, unable to stop myself sneaking another quick kiss before twirling out of his grasp and towards the bus. Getting a few feet away I spare a glance over my shoulder to see Dean spinning back to the Impala, a wicked grin spread across his features, clapping his fist almost victoriously. Chuckling under my breath I turn back around and continue stalking towards the bus heading in the direction of South Dakota.