Chapter Forty Three

"Ouch!"

"Ouch!"

"Oh whatever. You've had it coming you raging lunatic."

"No Bobby

"No Bobby. Wrong piece."

"Back off. It's right."

"It's wrong." Silently I watch as the piece Bobby's trying to screw into the Colt sticks too large from the hole. When Bobby's defeated gaze flickers up to me I give him a smug smirk, biting into my cheeseburger "Told you so."

Scoffing at the satisfied grin on my face, Bobby tosses the piece back onto the table with a clang when Dean suggests from the other side of the study desk "Why don't you let El be your hands?" Popping out another bullet, Dean pleadingly glances over "And maybe pass me a bite of that burger."

Smoothly I toss the entire thing in my mouth, apologizing through the selfish mouthful "Whoops."

"Cute", Dean sourly scrunches his nose, dropping the finished bullet aside with an irked ping "Real cute."

My smirk only deepens. Quickly swallowing the mouthful I beg Bobby "Come on. Just let me help you senile dick!" Bobby watches me for a long moment before rising stubbornly from his seat. He's tried reconstructing this thing for months now. It's time he got some fresh eyes on it. Switching places I eagerly lean over and scrutinise the age old instructions through the magnifying glass. Taking a second to understand the instructions, I suggest "Next time maybe don't take apart the Demon-killing age  -defying weapon against the forces of darkness."

"Shut up smartass", Bobby grumbles when I peer at him over the parts, gruffly saying "Just fix the damn thing."

Mockingly repeating Bobby's words I return to the instructions as Sam comes stampeding enthusiastically into the room "Might've found some omens in Ohio. Dry lightning, barometric pressure drop."

"Well", Dean replies sarcastically, melting down more metal for the bullets we need to fire from the Colt "Sounds thrilling."

Shrugging at Dean, Sam leans in the entryway "Plus some guy blows his head off in a church and another goes postal in a hobby shop before the cops take him out."