Chapter Sixteen

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen."

"Now you quote scripture? You don't believe in the Bible but you can quote it?"

Considering what cars look like these days it's not proven difficult to spot the Impala

Considering what cars look like these days it's not proven difficult to spot the Impala. Its sleek shiny black surface shines amongst the rows of popularised Corolla's and Camry's. Once I've subtly broken past the lock and abandoned the bike I'd hijacked from a South Dakota dive bar I slide inside. Borrowing the knife I know Dean still stashes under the seat I cut the two wires I need. Every time the Impala shorts out on me I huff a little more, the desperate need to get to the Milwaukee Bank growing come to every failed attempt. "Come on baby. Work with me here." Yet hearing the engine roar as it comes to life I grin victoriously. Clapping to myself, I shift into drive and take off towards the bank.

It takes me a couple minutes before I'm driving past the blocked off the bank. Hundreds have gathered around the barriers to see what is going down in their city, the camera's flashing white where reporters pushing for information. The crowd looks wild. Feral for the latest intel. Red and blue lights flash atop cop cars which have been spread out amongst the bulky black SWAT vans. Spotting a trailer sat amid the emergency services I assume that is where the FBI agents are gathered.

Eventually, I find a city garage not a block away. The Impala's tires squealing when I bring it around to a bay. As I search my duffle bag I dial Dean's cell once more. When I get a line I impatiently state "I'm here. What's the plan?"

"Sam and I have a way out", Dean assures me barely above a murmur as if he's trying to be quiet "Where are you?"

"City garage a block East of the front entrance. Level four, North-West corner" I inform Dean, pulling out a nine millimeter. Phone held by my cheek and shoulder, I check the mag before slamming the clip back in with an affirmative snap "So far I can't see any SWAT in here but that might just be this level."

"We'll be quick", Dean assures me as I step out of the driver's seat "Thanks El."

"Anytime", I reply before hanging up. Tossing my phone into the car I walk to the end of the Impala and gaze carefully around the parking garage. From what I can see there are another two dozen cars in here with no owners in sight. Either they're down there in the hustle and bustle of the heist or have been ordered off the premise. Either way not a single soul is in sight.