Chapter Four

"Uh

"Uh... guys?"

"Yeah they just came smashing in", I brazenly tell the window replacer, hand to my chest as I feign "Thank god they didn't take a dime

"Yeah they just came smashing in", I brazenly tell the window replacer, hand to my chest as I feign "Thank god they didn't take a dime."

As he fixes the window Meg's all but come crashing through the older man spares me a look over his shoulder "You're a very lucky resident, Miss Alba." Humming I wait patiently on the island bench stool for the man to finish up the glass replacement. The torn-up carpet I'm going to have to do on my own. Cringing I spare a glance at where the exposed concrete sits in the center of my living room. I'm hoping I can fix it up before Tyler comes home and let him be none the wiser. I spoke to him about the break in last night when I got home. Despite his worry for me the lie rolled over rather smoothly, telling me he's going to fly back in tomorrow because he 'doesn't like the idea of leaving me alone in the house'. I rolled my eyes but still agreed, part of me beginning to miss him being around.

"Thank you so much", I gratefully thank the glass man leading him outside to his van. Wandering down the deck, I appreciatively add "You have no idea how thankful I am that you could come out this early."

Brazenly waving me off, the older man assures me "It's no trouble at all. You just take care of yourself, Miss Alba." Smiling appreciatively, I wave the man off in his worker's van.

My phone vibrating I squint down at the unknown caller ID. "Hello?" I answer, bare feet padding against my deck heading back inside.

"Miss Eleanor Alexander?"