Chapter Thirty Seven

"I will burn every book you can get your hands on so help me, Eleanor

"I will burn every book you can get your hands on so help me, Eleanor."

A/N7400 words

A/N
7400 words...big whoops.
Have fun... I suppose?

Under the guise of insurance investigators I stand outside of the boutique with confusion written across my face. First a family who dies from malnourishment and now a woman goes postal on another girl right out of the blue. They're linked. What's no so obvious is how.

"How's it looking?" Sam appears by my side.

Victim wheeling past us on a gurney I grimly tell Sam "Apparently some girl really wanted a pair of shoes."

"Shoe's?"

Nodding disgusted, I motion to the dark fresh blood on the sidewalk as well as the smashed in windshield "According to police statements the girl followed her out of the store, grabbed her head and began repeatedly slamming her skull into this car windshield like a happy sack." Glancing to Sam who's staring at the scene wide-eyed, I can't help but add "Apparently those shoes were to die for." His stern gaze turning on me, I grimly agree with a nod "Yeah. Too soon."

Wandering inside the boutique it doesn't take us long to find Dean amongst the snapping of police cameras. His hand on a distraught girl's shoulder I roll my eyes hearing him say "What happed outside makes you realize how fragile life really is. You need to make every second count.

"Wow", I mutter as Sam and I walk through the store "That girls actually falling for it. Hook, line and sinker."

"Give him a break", Sam quietly hums amongst other witnesses we pass by "If you're not going to make a move and he won't then what's really the harm. He's only got a year."

"Yeah a year", I repeat with a quiet scoff "He's just using it as an excuse to get his way and-"

"And what El?" Sam asks me with an expectant look.

Unwavering, I assertively tell Sam "You don't say something I will- and I guarantee you it's not going to be nicely."

Once we're a few feet away I pause with Sam, clearing my throat awkwardly when the girl continues to sink under Dean's touch. Sparing Sam and I a look, Dean apologizes "Excuse me for a minute would you?"