Chapter Thirty Nine

"Think of it like a chicken wing- even better a drumstick! Like a massive KFC drumstick-"

"You're not a chicken Eleanor!"

Driving back to the motel with Dean is quiet

Driving back to the motel with Dean is quiet. I'd spare him a couple of glances when I explained to him what Sam and I found after the tour of the victim's homes. Although I can see his minds elsewhere as we drive downtown. I don't doubt it's on Lisa and Ben regarding the altercation that just happened.

Reaching the motel I stalk in after Dean who tells Sam, shrugging off his jacket "Something's wrong with the kids in this town."

"Yeah", Sam mutters agreeably, not once sparing a glance away from the laptop screen "Tell me about it." Ruffling through my duffle in search of a more comfortable outfit, Sam asks "Hey El do you know anything about Changelings?"

Peering up from where I'm squatted over my things, I deadpan "Get out of town." Kicking off my heels I  excitedly cross the room to lean over Sam's shoulder "You think those kids aren't even really their families kids?"

"Wait", Dean speaks up nabbing Sam and I's attention "Evil monster babies?"

Grimly shaking my head, I correct Dean "They're not always babies."

Realisation washing over his features, Dean steps closer to us bewildered "They're the kids? Creepy 'stare at you like your lunch' kids?"

"Yeah", Sam hums "There's one at every victim's house."

Sighing I step back to grab the Impala keys "I'll get the pitchforks and torches." Of course I'm not actually talking about real pitchforks. That was a tasteless joke and completely unreal. The torches on the other hand? Very necessary.

Sat at the end of Sam's bed I listen to him explain "Changelings can perfectly mimic human children. According to lore they climb through the window and snatch the kid."

Ignoring the shiver that runs down my spine, I voice "There were markings on the windowsill outside one of the victim's homes. Looked a lot like blood to me."