Chapter Twenty Four

"What's the point if you're not even going to sleep with her?"

"Who says I wouldn't?"

"So", I hum suggestively from the table I'm sat at, eagerly questioning Sam as soon as he steps through the door "Hearts missing?"

Tossing the keys precariously onto the counter, Sam reaches for a beer and agreeably informs me "Yanked right out of his chest."

Cheering in triumph, I spin to point my accusing finger towards Dean "You owe me a Benjamin!"

Pursing his lips, Dean shrugs pulling out his wallet and handing the bill "I'm not even mad." Shoving it into my pocket Dean works to reassemble the gun he's been cleaning for at least half an hour since Sam's disappearance. "Been years since we've taken out a werewolf" clipping a part into place, Dean glances over to Sam "This lawyer the first heart free corpse in town?"

Twirling the other seat around, Sam effortlessly sits backwards in the wooden motel chair with a dismissive shake of his head "First man. Over the past year, several women have gone missing. Dead bodies all washed up later in the bay too deteriorated to draw firm conclusions."

I can't help but scrunch my nose at the idea of the rotting corpses. There is nothing I hate more than working a case with a rotting or bloating corpse. The aroma they give off is just nauseating. Sitting back in my chair, I reaffirm "But none had hearts?"

"Nope", Sam agrees leaning further over the back of the chair. Sipping the cold beer, Sam explains "They were all hookers from Hunters Point. Cops are trying to keep things under wraps but they believe they're looking for a serial killer."

"Lunar cycle?"

"Matches up", Sam states "Month after month all the murders happen in the week leading up to the full moon."

"Which is this week right?" Dean clarifies, snapping the mag and standing up.

As he passes me by I lazily move my feet and hum "Hence the lawyer."