Chapter Thirty Six

"Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones bi-"

"Alright. That's enough little Shakespeare."

Sat in the Impala I hold the torch lowly to the page I'm reading over

Sat in the Impala I hold the torch lowly to the page I'm reading over. I had Dean and Sam swing by one of my storage units in Utah whilst Sam all but stole another from a university on our trek back to Dakota. With no cases we're all but hitting town after town. Sam and I have had our heads in books trying to search for a careful loop out of Dean's deal whilst Dean all but sleeps his way across the Northern Hemisphere. Hearing a tapping against a window pane both Sam and I perk our head up and back over to the motel room we've been kicked from. Stood in the window Dean raises his hands before his singlet covered chest, sending Sam and I a goofy smirk. Rolling my eyes I return to the text in front of me and remind myself that Dean's got one year to live as of now. Why shouldn't he sleep with any remotely infatuated girl he sees?

"You're doing it again", Sam quietly hums from his front seat when Dean closes the sheer blinds. Peering up from the book I glance over into the front half of the Impala where Sam leans against the passenger door opposing me. When I raise my eyebrow questionably Sam chuckles in my direction "El I can hear your teeth grinding from here."

"I'm not grinding anything", I smoothly reply, my gaze accidentally flickering back to the motel room past Sam. That's where I spot Dean and this girl's silhouettes through the sheer cheap beige curtains. Both are stripping off their clothes before Dean's grabbing the girl and visibly tossing her onto the bed making her playfully shriek. My gaze flickering back to Sam I catch him watching me caught out. Deciding to ignore Sam's gaze I return mine to my book, muttering "Apparently."

"El comes on", Sam chuckles, pointing his torch into my eyes instead of inside the book "It's me." Suddenly feeling like I'm very much under interrogation I try to block out the white light with my hand "You don't think I notice the looks you guys constantly share? Or the way you constantly pick on each other?" Before I even get the chance to scoff, Sam exclaims quietly "El you guys are pulling each other's hair on the playground! It's probably called playgrounds law!"