Chapter 25: Reasons

I'LL UPDATE IF THIS CHAPTER GETS AT LEAST 15 VOTES

Falling in Love with Hollywood’s Golden Boy

Chapter 25: Reasons

Maddie’s POV

“Daddy?”

“Hey pumpkin” He smiles.

“W-w-what are you doing here?” I stuttered; still shocked to see him standing in my doorways after 10 years.

“Can I come in?” He asked; avoiding my question.

“Umm… Sure” I said; and opened the door wider for him to come in.

“Maddie who is at the—” My mom asks; coming into the living room but stops once she see’s my father.

I look down at my feet uncomfortably as silence fills the room.

“Hello Katrina” My dad says to my mom.

“How dare you?” She finally speaks.

“How dare you come into my house and just comfortably say hello to me after you left us 10 years ago?” she snaps.

“Mom” I say, calmly.

“Katrina, I—”

“Get out of my house” She snaps.

And my father looks down at his feet.

“Just let me talk” He says.

“No” She says.

“Mom, please” I say.

T

“Why should I? He never wanted us.” She retorts.

“He owes us an explanation; so let him explain.” I said calmly.

It looks like she wanted to say no, but I bet she wanted to hear the ‘good’ reason for abandoning us.

“Fine. Then explain. Give me that good god forsaken reason why just had to leave.” She snaps.

He sighs.

“Can I sit?” He asks.

“Yes” I say before my mother can respond.

And to think my mom would be kind to him just a little bit because she’s always a nice person. But I guess he brings the nasty side of her out.

He smiles a small smile at me before sitting down.

“So why now?” My mom asks in a calmer voice than before.

“I had no choice but to leave” He said.

And then my mom snorted.

“Before I left I had got caught up in a drug deal that I had no idea about. Remember my old friend Jeremy?” He asked my mom.

And she shook her head ‘yes’.

“He was dealing with drugs and he needed money to pay the guys he was dealing with so he came to me for help. I told him that I didn’t want to get involved but somehow I ended up agreeing to give him 2 grand.” He speaks.

“Two grand?! We had 3 children to take care of and you were going to give him two grand?!” My mom exclaims, angrily.

“Yes, I know, but Jeremy already told them about me, assuming I’d help him out, before he even asked me about anything, and I didn’t want those people harming you guys so I had no choice. And then Jeremy told me to meet up at a spot to settle the deal with the guys. But when I showed up, Jeremy wasn’t there, but the dealers were. I had absolutely no idea what to do. I was just there to give part of the money; not actually deal with the guys.”