Chapter 12: Secrets

Previously in Chapter 11

Knowing the song by heart because it’s the song I always make up random freestyle moves to; it’s about to come to an end in about 30 seconds.

So I keep dancing freestyle moves and then towards the end of the song, I do a quick move and turn away from Drew, planning to pose at the end until he grabs my open arm and spins me in, towards him and then ducks me backwards, supporting me, and then lifts the back of my right leg up to his waist; leaving it bent and then he did the unthinkable…

He kissed me.

                                                                    Chapter 12

Maddie’s POV

And as soon as his lips connected with mine I widened my eyes in shock and wanted to push him away but for some reason I couldn’t.

And then soon enough, I relaxed in his hold and kissed him back.

What was I even doing?! Kissing Drew Parker? Most people would consider this a dream but, HELLO! It’s not.

I then took the hand that was wrapped around his neck and cupped the beck of his neck to kiss him better.

I really don’t want to admit this but I couldn’t deny it.

I love kissing him. It feels so right and comforting and it doesn’t make this an easier that he’s an amazing kisser either.

I needed to stop this now. This can’t happen and I won’t let it.

So I let go of his neck and pulled away from him and broke the kiss and then jumped out of his arms.

I bit my lip in confusion as he gave me a look of confusion.

“I… Umm… I gotta go.” I said; looking at the ground and then grabbing my bag; making sure I don’t make eye contact with him.

“Maddie” He says softly.

Oh man; his voice sounds so sad right now.

So I took a risk and looked into his eyes.

What the heck is going on right now? Why do I feel the urge to just drop my bag and jump right back into his arms and kiss him again? Why?

I waited for him to say something but all he did was open and close his mouth; trying to say something that won’t come out.

I just gave him a half smile and turned the doorknob of the studio and then opened the door.

I turned around to glance a look at him again and then right when I turned around his lips where on mine again.

Damn him!

I kissed him back one more time and then he broke the kiss and then looked down into my eyes while I looked up into his.

He leaned his head down again to try and kiss me again but I stopped him.

“Drew stop” I said; softly.

“What?” He asks softly but confused.

“We can’t” I said; keeping my left hand balled in a fist on his chest to keep him from kissing me again.

“Why not?” He asks; hearing the hurt in his voice.

“C-cause we just can’t” I stuttered.

He didn’t respond; he only nodded and stepped away from me to let me leave.

I bit my lip and looked up at him and then turned around and left him standing there shocked, confused and hurt.

What just happened back there?