Chapter 5: Finding my bracelet

Chapter 5

Maddie's POV

I parked on the curb in front of Rachel's house.

"Thanks for coming." She smiled.

"You know I'd do anything for you, Rach." I said.

"I know, but I still should have told you about the passes. I saw how much you wanted to leave." She said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I saw how uncomfortable you were at the concert. I know you only cheered and sang because of me." She said.

"Yeah" I didn't really have anything to say.

"But it was so fun!!" She changed emotions.

I just laughed at her.

"I'll admit, Rach; it wasn't that bad, considering the fact that I'm not a fan of his." I said.

"Ha! Told you!" She said; pointing at me.

I stuck my tongue out at her.

"And we talked to him! He talked to us! Ahhh!" She squealed.

"You're ridiculous" I shook my head.

"And you love me for it." She smiled; hugging me over the seat.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I said and nuzzled out of her hug.

I put my hands in my jacket pockets because my hands were cold and just then realized something.

My bracelet's gone.

I whirl my hands in my pockets; hoping it'll just magically appear back in my pocket, but I knew that wasn't going to happen.

"Rach?" I called her, just as she was getting out of my car.

"Yeah?" She responded

"Have you seen my bracelet?" I asked; going into panic mode.

"What bracelet?" She asked.

"My charm bracelet" I said; rummaging through my clothes.

"Oh my god, Madz you lost it?" She asked, concerned.

"Yeah" I said rubbing my face. "When we were at the concert, my bracelet got stuck on the chair and snapped so I put it in my coat pocket, and now it's missing." I said about to cry.

"It's okay, Madz, we'll find it." She said; trying to comfort me.

"We'll never find it, Rach! It's lost somewhere in the Center. That could be anywhere! Backstage, my seat, or anywhere we walked! Some random person could have found it and kept it; you know people still believe in the finders keepers, losers weepers rule!" I exclaimed; panicing.

"Melly, calm down!" She exclaims. "I know how important it is to you, so I'm gonna help you find it. Pick me up at 9 a.m. and we'll go back to the center and see if they'll let us in to find it. Okay?" She says; comfortly.

"Oh...kay" I say in between sobs.

"Okay, good" She says and hugs me. "I'll see you later." She finishes.

I nod and she nods back then walking to her house and walking inside.

I get back in my car and drive to my house.

I park my car in the drive way and walk inside me house; locking the door behind me.

The alarm goes off so then I stopped it and then I reset it and walk upstairs into my room.

I was too tired and sad to take a shower so I just took my coat and shoes off and laid down under the covers. I tried to sleep but couldn't.

I just kept thinking if I was ever going to find my charm bracelet.