Chapter 2: Can't ever say no

Chapter 2

Maddie’s POV

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! I hear the sound of my alarm clock go off.

6:00 a.m.

So I got out of bed, took a shower, picked out my outfit and shoes, put them on, brushed my hair and left it wavy (because that’s my natural hair), put some mascara and lip-gloss on, checked myself once, smiled, grabbed my bag, and walked down stairs.

“Here ya go; have a nice day.” My mom said; handing me two plain waffles, wrapped in paper towel.

“Thanks, bye mom.” I said and walked out the door and to my car.

I got in the car, put the keys in the ignition and backed out of the driveway; eating my waffles.

~~~~

I got to school with 10 minutes to spare until 1st period started.

I parked my car and started walking off into the school. I reached my locker and heard someone screech behind me.

“Hey” I said.

“Heeeeeeeeeeyyy” Rachel dragged.

I just gave a look and continued switching my books.

“So look what I got!” Rachel said and screeched.

Oh great.

“Drew Parker, concert tickets? Really?” I asked in annoyance.

“Yes really and you’re coming with me.” She said.

“Oh no I’m not.” I said walking away from her.

“Yes you are, come ‘on, please?” She said.

“No” I responded.

“Why not, pleeeeeaaaasssseee.” She begged.

“No!” I said; started to get annoyed.

“Why not?” She asked.

 “Because you know I don’t have any interest in Drew Parker.” I answered.

Before Rachel could respond, a couple of girls gave me a ‘she’s crazy’ look.

I just rolled my eyes.

“That’s not true; every girl has an interest in Drew Parker… He’s perfect.”

“Well, not every girl; cause I don’t.” I said.

“You suck. See even those girls are giving you looks.” She said; pointing to the girls.

“I don’t care.” I said.

“Whatever, just please come with me.” She pleaded.

“No. Take my sister; I bet she won’t turn you down.” I said.

“Well as much as I love your sister. I don’t want to go with her.” She said.

I just looked at her desperate face.  She gave me the puppy dog eyes, which never works on me but it’s creeping me out so I exclaimed in defeat, “Fine! I’ll go with you to this stupid concert.”

“Yay!” She screeched and hugged me.

I just smiled and rolled my eyes.

~~~~

School went on forever today. Usually I don’t care about getting out of school, but today for some reason; I just wanted to get out of it so bad, and I don’t know why.

I walk outside to my car, and when I get to my car I see someone leaning against it.

“Hey, beautiful” The figure says with his arms crossed.