Chapter 14: Kiss don't tell and other problems

Chapter 14

Maddie's POV

"Joe" Drew replied.

"Joe Parker?" I asked; shocked.

 "Yeah" He said.    

"Oh my god" I exclaimed.    

"What?" He asked.     

"Joe's ill" I whispered.    

"Umm... Yeah but I thought you knew that already." He said.    

"No, I do know, it's just that I'm sorry." I said; walking out of the theater.    

"Sorry for what?" He asked; curiously.     

"That he's ill" I responded. "He must be really close to you." I said.     

"Yeah... And... Thanks" He said.    

"No problem" I replied.    

"No, not about that-well yeah thanks for your condolence but thanks for saying 'must be' instead of 'must have.'" He said looking down at the floor as we got in the car.    

I was confused for a second until I realized what he was talking about.    

"Again; no problem" I smiled and then he looked up at me and smiled.  

He put the keys in the ignition and drove off.     

~~~~    

The whole car ride back to Drew's house was silent.     

"Thanks" I said and got out of his car to go to my car.    

"Wait!" Drew exclaims.    

I turn around before I get in my car and look at him.    

"I gotta show you something." He smiles and grabs my hand; leading me into his house.      

"What is it?" I asked as he kept dragging me.    

"Just wait" He winked and I just laughed at him.    

After he opened the front door, ran through the house; we finally approached a door and then he opened it.     My eyes widened at the sight in front of me.    

"You have a recording studio and dance studio in your house?" I asked;  shocked.    

"Yeah, cool right?" He asks.    

"Yeah" I said; exploring his studio.     

In this room there was a giant dance studio and then he showed me a room in the dance studio that led to the recording studio.    

"Then if you have your own dance studio; why did you go to that dance studio the the other day?" I asked.    

"Because I had to leave and make an excuse because Ashlee Woods wanted to 'hang out' that night at my house and I didn't want to and she would've came anyways even if I told her I was busy and I didn't feel like being associated with her at the time." He explained.     

I frowned at when he said, 'at the time.'    

"A-and what about now?" I stuttered.    

He turned to me and looked at me sincerely.     

"Still no" He said; walking closer to me.    

"And what about after I leave?" I asked.      

"Still wouldn't want to." He said; about a foot from me.     

"And then what about--" I didn't get to finish my sentence because he planted his lips on mine.