twelve. geralt's p.o.v.

Jamie's silence made Geralt realize he was being silent as well

Jamie's silence made Geralt realize he was being silent as well. Or rather, the air about Jamie was making him realize she didn't enjoy the silence between them. Neither did Geralt if he was answering truthfully, but he had nothing to say to her. His mind was racing in many different directions- all the directions of his problems. i.e. the two main ones: Jaskier being injured and Jamie's magic. He knew that she was rather powerful even with everything untapped, but the fact that she easily teleported due to emotional distress was making him worry for her.

Jamie was a woman, who had many emotions. She was almost ruled by how much she cared for other people. Meaning she was emotionally distressed quite often. Especially since a lot of her distress was directed towards him in danger, or in this case, Jaskier being in danger. Jamie cared a lot about Jaskier; which was something Geralt could always tell. Despite their constant bickering, Jamie and Jaskier had a very similar dynamic to siblings. And despite Geralt's insistence that he disliked the bard, he did genuinely see the moron as a friend of his. Though, he'd never admit it.

"Is this his house?" Jamie's soft voice broke Geralt from his thoughts. His gaze fixed on her as she checked Jaskier. "You're going to be okay, Jaskier."

"Whoa-" Some man approached them, stopping them from right outside the gates, "A fee for entrance."

"A fee to see the mayor?" Jamie's voice was laced with confusion and disbelief, "This is really urgent."

"I don't make the rules, the money opens all doors."

"Hm." Geralt didn't have time for this. He didn't have time for any of this. And he felt more agitated by the second. He handed the reins to Jamie and dug through his bag for the pouch of coins. He held it up for a second before swinging it heavily at the man, causing him to pass out.

"Geralt!"

Ignoring her disappointed tone, Geralt just hummed in response, "So it does." He tossed the bag to Jamie, while getting Jaskier down from Roach. He knew that Jamie was capable of getting down on her own. He always knew she was capable of it, but helping her always gave him the excuse to touch her.

Despite knowing that Geralt was already helping Jaskier, Jamie came over and practically took over. Helping him walk instead. Even with Jamie trying to lift Jaskier's weight on her own and doing rather finely, he decided to assist anway. Once they reached the door was when Jamie released Jaskier since all three wouldn't be able to make it through. She would glance back every once in a while, more at Jaskier than at Geralt, but he noticed that her eyes would shift up to look at him once in a while.

"Oh-" Jamie gasps just as a naked man had entered the kitchen, she raised her hands in the air and turned away, "Oh, my God!" Geralt just stared at the man for a moment in disgust. He set Jaskier on the table and pulled Jamie by her arm, making sure he stood in front of her.

All the man did was look at them in a daze with a rather large smile, "Welcome to my home."

"You're the Mayor of Rinde?" Geralt demands, he almost didn't believe the man. This time Geralt really gave the man a once over. And Geralt could confirm that he was far bigger than this old man. "Not exactly what I was expecting."