five. geralt's p.o.v.

"Geralt

"Geralt..."

Faintly, he swore he heard Jamie calling for him.

"Geralt..."

This time her voice was far more clear, his head shot up and he opened his mouth to call her name but didn't as soon as he felt the rope restraining his movements. He felt Jamie pressed against him but also the bard, he continued to struggle.

"This is the part where we escape."

"Oh, shut up." Jamie sounded very exasperated, as though she had been dealing with the bard prior to Geralt waking up. He felt movement from behind him and then Jamie released a groan of pain, "You're such a child."

"You hit me first."

"This is the part where we escape?!" Jamie snapped right over at the bard, making Geralt close his eyes. He somehow became in charge of two children, "I'm sure this is the part where they fucking kill us."

"Who's they?"

Hearing Jamie squeak in shock, Geralt felt her body press even further into his. He grunted slightly just as he heard whoever came in and hit the bard.

"Elves."

Feeling Jamie try to look at him, "Elves?"

Geralt cursed to himself when the elf kicked him, then hearing Jamie cry out next he knew she was hit as well. His eyes shot open when her head collided with his own, both letting out a groan in pain.

"Oi, that's my lute." The bard whined loudly, "Give that back. Quick, Geralt. Do your-your witchering-"

"Shut up!" Geralt burst out in anger, he was already so angry that he was stuck in this mess but he was also stuck with two absolute children. He heard the elf yell at him just as she kicked his face, then kicking him in the gut soon after.

"Hey!" Jamie cries out only to be kicked as well, "Ugh-"

"My elder speech is rough. I only got part of that..."

"Humans-" Her voice was raspy, "Shut up."

Geralt could only shut his eyes when he heard the bard respond snarkily in elder to the elf, only receiving another kick."

"Do you wanna die right now?"

"As apposed to later?" Geralt demanded harshly.

"No, please not the lu-" Feeling Jamie jump as soon as the lute broke, Geralt could only assume that the bard was kicked once again. He felt Jamie press herself against him as much as she could.

"Leave off!" He exploded, his glare right on the elf, "He's just a bard!"

"You don't deserve the air you breathe!" The elf snaps as she kicked him in the jaw, but Geralt didn't object to the beating. As long as her fists and kicks were on him, they weren't on Jamie or the bard, "Everything you touch, you destroy."