twelve.

Jamie kept giving Geralt side glances, a little nervous because he really hadn't spoken at all the entire way to the mayor's house

Jamie kept giving Geralt side glances, a little nervous because he really hadn't spoken at all the entire way to the mayor's house. It had already gotten dark out at this point and Jamie wanted to fill the silence, other than Jaskier's occasional wheezes. But she was shut down by Geralt every time. She didn't know if it was because of the situation with Jaskier or the fact that she practically teleported while under stress. Or possibly the mixture.

If Geralt was worried, how did he think she felt about this entire thing? Jamie grew up believing she was entirely normal or even just straight up bland. Then she fucking teleported to a place with scary monsters and magic, to be the one who caused herself to be here in the first place. And to top it all off, Jamie's only friend and person she was constantly with, she developed feelings for him.

"Is this his house?" Jamie asks softly, she turned her head slightly even though Jaskier had his forehead pressed against her back, "You're going to be okay, Jaskier."

A man approached the three of them, "Whoa, a fee for entrance."

"A fee to see the mayor?" Jamie knew that wasn't actually accurate and it shouldn't be a thing, "This is really urgent."

"I don't make the rules, but money opens all doors."

"Hm." Geralt handed the reins to Jamie and dug through his bag for a pouch of coin, then swung it heavily at the man making him pass out.

"Geralt!"

"So it does." Geralt tossed the bag of coin over to Jamie while helping Jaskier get down from Roach.

Jamie got down on her own, basically hopping off of him and stuffing the coin into the pouch on her side. She then moved to the other side of Jaskier, deciding to help him walk as well. Even though Jaskier was taller, she was still some help. She let him go once they reached the door since it would be difficult for all three to go through so she walked ahead of them.

"Oh-" Jamie gasps as a man walked into the kitchen fully naked, his junk just hanging out for the whole world to see, "Oh my God!" She lifted her hand up to cover the area so she couldn't see him. Geralt dropped Jaskier on the kitchen table and pulled Jamie by the arm and stood in front of her.

The man looked a little dazed but smiled over at them all, "Welcome to my home."

"You're the Mayor of Rinde?" Geralt questions, looking the man up and down, practically doing his version of cringing, "Not exactly what I was expecting."

"May-" Jaskier wheezed out, lazily pointing, "May-"

"Sorry-" Jamie held onto his arms with a smile, "He's not feeling that great."

"Is there a mage that lives here?"

The Mayor just dazed off again, his eyes travelling away from the group and to the table, "Ah... The apple juice! She wants some. And she always gets what she wants."