thirteen. geralt's p.o.v.

Geralt knew he was an impatient man and at the beginning of his journey with Jamie, there were times where he'd get impatient with her often

Geralt knew he was an impatient man and at the beginning of his journey with Jamie, there were times where he'd get impatient with her often. But he grew accustomed to her and eventually did not care anymore. This precise moment was one of those times where he did. He was impatient and wanted Jamie dressed so they could get the fuck out of this damn house and away from the sorceress. His own clothes had already been put on, slowly due to the tightness but quickly since he wished to leave as soon as it was possible.

His attention was diverted as Jamie came walking into the room, she wore the same dark fabric as himself but was in a dress. Despite seeing her in a dress before Geralt could not stop himself from staring in admiration, even with his relatively stoic expression. He appreciated her in her pants and tight leather armour, but did not mind seeing her in such a way.

Jamie had glanced over at Geralt, playing with the fabric of her dress before she rounded the bed that held Jaskier. Geralt kept his gaze on Jamie as she checked on their friend. He watched as her small hand pushed back Jaskier's hair from his face, caressing the poor bard softly. A tight feeling filled within Geralt and he shifted where he stood.

Yennefer had been busy eyeing Jamie the most but finally tore her gaze to look at Geralt, "Do you doubt my capabilities?"

"No." Was Geralt's response, in his usual low voice but it was almost strained, "Just your intentions." And then he recalled his last conversation with Jaskier, knowing that he felt regret, "I said some things to him. He's uh..."

"He's a friend." Jamie's kind voice filled in the rest for him, shifting on the bed and allowing the dress to ride up slightly while locking eyes with Geralt.

Geralt could only hold the gaze momentarily before he had to turn away before his heart began to beat far too loudly. Instead he looked to the Sorceress, "I'd like it not to be the last thing he remembers."

"He won't remember much if he's dead." Geralt was not amused by her statement and neither was Jamie, so she just chuckled softly, "It's a joke. He will survive. And recover his vocal talents. Does that satisfy you?"

"Not in the slightest." Geralt followed behind Yennefer slightly, though his eyes were on Jamie. She was looking back down at Jaskier in worry and relief. So Geralt tore his gaze and looked to Yennefer once more, "But don't reproach yourself for it, Yennefer. I'm not easily satisfied."

Geralt heard Jamie release a long sigh, but he refused to look over at her. But her next few words broke his thought process, "That's the seal..." Her throat cleared,
Geralt..."

He finally sent a confused look over to Jamie before finding exactly what she had been looking at, "It's the sign from the seal..." His angered gaze moved back to Yennefer, "We'll be taking Jaskier now."

"If you wake him before he's healed the spell won't take." Yennefer says rather calmly while Jamie slowly got up from the bed, "That's no way to treat a friend, Geralt."