eleven.

Ever since the banquet Jamie had been so freaked out over the fact that she had magic and she was the reason she had been stuck here for the past few years

Ever since the banquet Jamie had been so freaked out over the fact that she had magic and she was the reason she had been stuck here for the past few years. Multiple years, she had been travelling with Geralt for multiple years now. And within the years, Jamie finally came to terms with her feelings for Geralt. But nothing ever came from her acceptance, she just kept it to herself.

Something else she kept to herself was how her magic began to really manifest since the banquet. She couldn't keep it for long because during a hunt, she got frightened and screamed, sending not only the monster back but also Geralt. Which made Geralt want her to stop accompanying him when he was out fighting.

Jamie finally looked away from the sky and glanced over to Geralt, he was throwing a net into a river. It wasn't murky like the swamp she met Geralt in, but just downright dirty and not clear water.

"It's been a few years Geralt." She finally spoke out to him with a small sigh, rubbing at her eyes, "Are you still going to tell me you're doing this because you want sleep?"

Jamie could admit that Geralt was having trouble sleeping, she'd wake up and he'd still be wide awake even though he would be lying in a bed. She'd stay up as long as she could to keep him company but couldn't stop herself from falling asleep herself.

"Why else would I be doing this?" Geralt practically snapped at her as he dragged the next back out of the water, "For fucking fun?"

A sigh left her lips, slowly falling down to the floor and sitting beside Roach. She couldn't blame him for being so agitated, he really hadn't had any real sleep since before the banquet. "I guess not."

Geralt dropped his arms to his side, hearing the defeat in her voice, "I'm just tired, Jamie, don't think anything of it."

Jamie sunk back a little more, "I know."

And Jamie did. There was no one else who witnessed him stir around in bed, trying to sleep and if he could close his eyes. They'd be open within a few minutes staring up at the roof. She wasn't getting as much sleep as she should be because she didn't want Geralt to be going through this sort of stuff alone.

Jamie didn't have to be here alone after living in a place without scary monsters like this, so she didn't want him to be alone. But for some reason, Jamie had been feeling alone lately. Maybe it was because she recognized her feelings for him and he didn't reciprocate. Or maybe it was something else. But even when with Geralt, Jamie felt a little absent.

Geralt shut his eyes and faced the water again, blowing air from his mouth he knew that he had something to do with Jamie sounding so defeated lately. She wasn't the same as she was before. It was like she was just less optimistic and it actually really bugged him. Something that really made Jamie herself was how she was so very different from himself, always full of smiles but lately that wasn't the case.

She tilted her head back to look at Roach, then let her eyes fall back on Geralt's form. Jamie inhaled deeply, something that was getting to her since she admitted her feelings, was how good Geralt looked. And she didn't have her friends Erika and Renee to freak out over a crush on someone and how hot he was. It was ridiculous how good looking Geralt was and pretty unfair. Jamie didn't have anyone to gossip to like a girl because her only friend here was Geralt and Jaskier, but she saw him so rarely. He was more like an estranged brother. Jamie kind of missed her bickering with him.