jaskier and the selkiemore. geralt's p.o.v.

Geralt only doged Jamie, but watched as she fell into the dirt

Geralt only doged Jamie, but watched as she fell into the dirt. He stared at her for a second, noticing how she completely gave up for a moment and stared at the sky. He chest heaved up and she then released, "Fuck."

He cleared his throat, "You're doing well."

"I'm doing real shit." She responds while sitting up and letting out another long painful groan. Geralt was doing his best to hold back while training her, either for himself or for her. He didn't really know anymore. He didn't want to hurt her in any way and he didn't want to antagonize himself with her in the process.

He extended an arm down to her, helping her stand back to her feet, "You're doing well, Jamie." Which was true, despite going easy on her, she was able to hold her own for someone who knew basically nothing about fighting before this.

"It doesn't feel like it-" She went to stretch with her arms up and winced from the pain. Geralt watched as her body tensed up, "Nor does it smell like it. I smell like I am in desperate need of a shower." She ran a hand through her hair and tilted her head back so she was now looking up at Geralt, "I think I'm going to-"

He already knew what she was going to suggest and disagreed entirely, "Jamie-"

"Oh, come on." He turned his back to her and started to head over to Roach, "I smell disgusting and my hair is getting oily. Let me just dip in the water for a while. You can watch-" Geralt stopped completely as her words hit him, then feeling her distractingly slam right into him, "N-not like that! I meant... I meant you could... just have your back facing me like you did before."

Geralt had faced her during her rambling, watching as she flushed at her own mistake. He breathed out and turned back, "Just clean up. Yell if you're in danger."

"I always do."

Geralt moved over to where Roach was, noticing how she was just staring at him. "Oh shut up, Roach." He felt as though his own horse was judging him in that moment, just as Roach did before. He let this little thing affect him so much. He wished he saw her as that child again. That little thing that didn't understand what was going on, that would bumble behind him.

Had these emotions not been affecting him maybe her training would be better. Maybe he wouldn't be so afraid of hurting her in any way. Or at least hurting her in the way he wanted to. He released a groan for a moment and shut his eyes. He was practically thankful that she still wore the same clothes. Ones that would cover her up completely, the robe usually blocking out the fact that she had curves and breasts.

"Geralt!"

He had never moved more fast in his whole life. Geralt felt something stir in him at her cry and just went blazing out with his sword prepared to take down anything. His eyes instantly went to Jamie but quickly moved over to Jaskier. This moron. Geralt motioned his sword up, "Eyes up."

"Right, sorry, I apologize-" Jaskier cleared his throat and kept his eyes up, slowly turning his head so he was facing Geralt instead, "I just saw a beautiful maiden in the water and assumed she must need some assistance."