seventeen.

Jamie adjusted herself so she was laying on her stomach, "That rumor

Jamie adjusted herself so she was laying on her stomach, "That rumor... where Witchers do not feel emotions... That's not true, is it? Or we..."

Geralt inhaled deeply, letting his eyes stray away from her, "They say whatever justifies despising our kind."

"Have you ever regretted becoming a witcher?" Jamie asks him curiously, this was a question she had asked him before but never got an answer from him.

"It's hard to regret something you didn't choose."

"But if you had that choice?" Jamie brushed her hair out of her face, having the urge to reach out and hold his hand or something. So she did, "What would you have done?" A teasing smile appeared on her lips, "Maybe a farmer? A fisher? A stablemen?"

Geralt chuckles with her, taking her fingers and intertwining them with his own, "Horses are good company." He paused for a moment as he thought of an answer for her, "But if I ever dreamed of being something... other... than what I am... it was too long ago to remember. Did you dream of coming here? Becoming a mage?"

A snort came from Jamie as she rolled onto her back to face the roof of her tent, "No. Never in my wildest dreams had I thought of something like this. But, I guess I didn't really have much of a choice either?"

"Yennefer..." Geralt started off slowly, "She wishes to bare children again. Did you ever want to become a mother?"

"I do... Well, I did." Jamie admits to him softly, "My friends used to always say I was so much like a mother already, even without kids of my own. I don't know. I think I've always wanted to just be important to someone." She watched as he closed his eyes with a sigh, "Am I boring you, Geralt?"

Geralt simply smiled with his eyes closed, "Not at all." He opened his eyes lazily to look back at Jamie, "Before we met, in the swamp... my life was calm... I never thought about worrying about any other person. And then you left, my nights became restless without you with me." He released a long sigh and shut his eyes, "You're important to me, Jamie."

Her heart fluttered in her chest, she silently watched as Geralt fell asleep next to her. Biting down on her lower lip, she shifted closer to him. Rubbing her thumb along his cheek she thought of how far the two of them had really come. What would her life be if she wasn't here with him? Or what would his life be without her in it? What kind of things would be different?

Before she knew it, she had fallen asleep in his arms.

Jamie poked at her Panda Express bowl as Erika spoke to Renee in the Green Room, they had to go to rehearsal in about ten minutes. But Jamie didn't really feel like dealing with putting mics on all of the actors. In The Heights was quite the handful when it came to sound.

"So, Jamie-" Erika took the fork from her hand and ate some of Jamie's food, "I was talking to Renee and the fact that you have Tinder but haven't actually touched it."