nine.

Jamie was regretting this, she hadn't even walked into the castle yet but the people in the town had looked at her while they walked towards the entrance

Jamie was regretting this, she hadn't even walked into the castle yet but the people in the town had looked at her while they walked towards the entrance. "I want to go back."

"Go back?" Jaskier gasps right at the door before the great hall in Queen Calanthe's castle, "Absolutely not, look at you. No need to feel insecure, you're going to catch the eyes of many men tonight."

"I don't want to catch any eyes." Jamie whispers harshly as his hand wraps around her upper arm to keep her walking with them, "I'm serious, I-"

Geralt sighed deeply and walked around Jamie so he was standing directly in front of her, he kept her in place by holding her shoulders gently. Feeling her skin against his own skin made the area heat up a little bit for him. "You are not going back. Especially not alone."

"Why not?"

Jaskier watched as Geralt shut his mouth, and rolled his own eyes, "I think what Mister Broody-Eyes is trying to say is that you look quite marvelous. And marvelous looking women get taken advantage of when walking alone. And no one wants you to be taken advantage of tonight."

Jamie felt her face heat up, she wasn't exactly used to compliments about her looks. She was never one to care about this kind of stuff, "I... It's stupid but I'm nervous."

"Don't be nervous." Jaskier took Jamie from Geralt's hold, wrapping his arm around her shoulders, "If anything were to happen tonight I-" He saw the dark glare from Geralt, "Ah- Geralt will come to your rescue."

"This whole thing is stupid-" Jamie barked over at Jaskier as he kept them moving into the banquet hall, "If you knew some level of self-restraint and kept your fucking penis in your damn trousers then there wouldn't be a problem. In all honesty, you need more protection than I do. Your more likely to get penetrated by another man and not in the fun way."

Jaskier released Jamie with a slack jaw, "I do not know how to feel about that."

"How unfortunate." Jamie stepped into the banquet hall and saw the amount of people, she felt her breath hitch. She quickly turned back but Geralt turned her back around.

"Stop worrying."

Jamie scrunched her brow together and felt her mouth drop open slightly, "You say that like it's easy."

"Don't catch anyone's attention-"

"Do you see the other women?" Jamie whispers harshly at him, pointing at most of the women in the room, "Jaskier, why did you make my dress so revealing?"

"I thought you'd look good in it."

"Meaning you just wanted to see me in what you wanted." Jamie shoved at him, which made him push back.

"You're going to make a scene." Jasker hissed, "Isn't that the total opposite of what you wanted?"

Jamie shut her lips tightly together and glared at him because he was right. She didn't want this. She didn't want people to notice her but it was going to happen. Jamie could feel it in her gut.