sixteen.

Waking up with a headache wasn't how Jamie wanted any day to begin

Waking up with a headache wasn't how Jamie wanted any day to begin. But she got out of her tent with an irritated expression on her face, she barely got any sleep the previous night. She grumbled while leaving her tent, and of course, the first person she sees is Geralt.

He stops walking as well, looking over at her silently. Geralt, to Jamie, seemed as if he wanted to talk to her again. Maybe even apologize for the night before, but he looks away from her and walks off.

Jamie blew the hair that fell on her face away with a huff before crossing her arms over her chest. She wanted to talk to him even more now. She wanted to do more than just talk to him at this point as well.

Yennefer leaves her tent now as well, walking over to wake Sir Eyck from his sleep, but then she walks right out of it, "Has anyone seen my escort?" She caught eyes with her friend and asked again, "Jamie?"

"I just woke up, Yennefer." Jamie answers, wondering the same now as well, Sir Eyck would most likely already be up and annoying as he was before. She approaches her slowly, fixing her boots quickly.

"Ah!" Yarpen screams from the distance, his voice very distinct, "Bloody ball sacks!"

His cry made everyone go running to investigate. Jamie's mouth dropped at the sight of Sir Eyck dead. She pinched the bridge of her nose at the position the poor bastard had found himself in, but of course, Jaskier was the first to speak of it.

Jaskier covers his neck with his hands and swallows, "Who slits a man's throat while he's relieving his bowels? I nothing sacred anymore?"

Yennefer shook head head, "Fuck." Before she stormed off.

Jamie sighed loudly, "That's one way to get a man when he's alone." She turned around with Yennefer as well, brushing past Geralt in the process.

She kept walking ahead with Yennefer, her arms were crossed over her chest the entire time. Jamie knew that Boholt had to have done it, it was obvious. "Yennefer, stop, you don't know where you're going anymore."

"Who cares?" Yennefer threw her hands up in exasperation but kept on going, "Doesn't matter anymore."

"Yennefer-" Jamie stopped for a moment when Geralt passed her, then caught up quickly.

"Did you kill Eyck?"

Jamie shut her eyes and faced Geralt, she knew he was asking Yennefer this and not herself, but that didn't make it any less offensive, "Geralt-"

"Kill him?" Yennefer scoffs with a chuckle, not allowing Jamie to defend her this time, "That's rather pedestrian. And you're the one who's been throwing daggers at him since we arrived. It was the Reavers. That bastard Boholt killed my escort before he could accomplish the one damn task I actually needed him for."

Geralt squinted his eyes, "And what was that?"

Jamie shot him a look, "Do you honestly care?"

"Jamie." Geralt scowled at her hostile behavior, she had never been hostile with him like this before, "What are you two really doing here?"