47 ~ Grieving

"Silver, please. Just speak to me, just come out." Lily spoke gently through the door of her bedroom. Silver hadn't come out since that night two days ago, Lily and the others were getting worried. The room remained silent and still, Lily rolled her eyes pulling out her wand. She unlocked the door and walked in, the room was a state. Clothes were thrown all over the floor, glass was shattered everywhere. Boxes were torn apart and the walls had blotches of blood, where Silver had obviously punched until her knuckles were broken. Then she caught sight of Silver, the frail girl was lead on the floor. A small puddle of blood under where her hands lay, tears were still dripping down her face as she lay limp. She lifted her head up to look at Lily, clearly taking a great deal of effort due to do the simplest of movements. "It's not fair, why did she have to go? She was so young, she didn't deserve it. Ivy was one of the nicest and most caring people I've ever known. They took her from me. They stole her from us."Silvers voice was no more than a whisper, Lily felt tears sting her eyes but knew she couldn't let them fall. She had to be strong for Silver, she had to be strong for the others. Yes, Lily and Ivy were never great friends, and they often didn't agree. But the death of Ivy rattled everyone completely. 

Sirius walked in and dropped to his knees as he looked down at the two girls. "Silver?" He said gently, as he held out his hands to help the girl up. Silver looked up to him, her vision blurry from her tears. Sirius' heart broke at the state of her, her eyes were puffy and bloodshot. Her cheeks were blotchy and had tear stains running down her cheeks. Her hands were covered in blood and her face was pale. "Moony's here." Silver nodded and allowed Sirius to take her weight picking her up to her feet and helping her walk down the stairs. She almost broke out into tears again when she saw Remus. His appearance was a lot like hers, but the main difference was that he looked as though he'd lost a significant amount of weight. Silver sniffed back the tears and ran over to him engulfing him in a hug. The room was silent for a few moments, no one daring to speak until they pulled away. Silver looked into his honey brown eye, which were usually so happy and filled with curiosity, but now were dull and lifeless. 

"I'm sorry, Moony. I tried to save her, I tried to help her. But now she's gone and it's all my fault." Remus shook his head and pulled the girl back into a hug, he wiped away the stray tear that had fallen. "Pup, none of this is your fault. I'm just glad that you're okay, it could've just as easily been you. Ivy would be proud of you Silver, no matter what you say." He whispered into her hair as he allowed the girl to sob into his chest. Silver looked up and turned to James who was sitting on the armchair, watching the scene with a heartbroken look on his face.

"The children, how are the girls? Did they make it to Mcgonagall okay?" Silver said quickly, she felt guilt instantly spring to her stomach. She hadn't even thought about the girls since she'd got back. James gave her a very weak smile, "They're fine, Mcgonagall's keeping them at the castle for now. They're staying in Dumbledores office until we can find somewhere more permanent." Silver nodded and jumped up from the sofa, she wandered over to the coat closet and pulled on her jacket. The others exchanged puzzled looks, "Cub, where are you going?" James asked as they watched her grab her bag. Silver pulled it over her shoulders and turned to the others, "They need their stuff, they can't stay at Hogwarts without their things. They need clothes... and pictures ...and teddies... and blankets ...and pillows and... and.."

This every word her voice shattered and tears rolled down her face. She looked to the others, a look of pain permanently engraved on her face. "I need to see it. I need to see where she died." Silver whispered as she fell to her knees. The room around her was spinning, she felt dizzy and like she was going to throw up. Sirius rushed to her side and helped her back up, "Are you sure?" He asked softly, Silver nodded and pulled a scarf around her neck to cover the scratches she had given herself the day before. Sirius nodded and turned to the others, "We'll be back soon."