9 ~ The Potion

Newt Scamander was sat in the corner of the room stirring a red potion with the motion of his wand. Silver and Sirius watched intently reading out each step as Newt completed them. "Add the freshly grounded Mandrake leaves and set alight. It should change colour from red to blue." Silver read from the book grinning as she watch him slowly add the leaves and cast a flame using his wand. Sirius watched excitedly continuing his letter where he informed the other Marauders of their plan:

James, Peter and Remus,

Silver and I have came up with a plan of how to help Remus, although we can't stop Remus transforming into a werewolf each month, we can make his time whilst being one more enjoyable. Silver is an animagus, so she is able to transform into a white tiger. Myself, Newt and Silver are brewing a potion where we can also make us all animagi too. Newt said he will be able to brew it in time for us to have when we get back to Hogwarts, but he has warned us that it can be painful and difficult but Silver will walk us through the process. We will take it in the dorm room so no one will catch us the night we arrive, Silver will have to stay over as it will take a few hours to work and get fully used to it and so she doesn't get caught by Filch and Mrs. Norris. We'll explain more when we come back to Hogwarts, don't bother trying to talk us out of it Remus we have already decided. Have a good Christmas, we'll see you in a few weeks.

~ Sirius Black

Sirius finished his letter and looked up to see Newt pouring small amounts of the potion into three jugs and placing them in the freezer. "Now do you two want to feed Starkeye, and Bandit, I'll feed the murtlaps and billywigs?" Silver nodded waking over to a bucket near the freezer, Sirius tucked the letter in his pocket ready to send when they exit the case and followed the Veela down the stairs. They walked into a large open room which was enchanted to seem as if it was outdoors, the sky was a deep blue indicating it was approaching the evening.

The room had a paddock like fence surrounding it with a little hut in the back right corner and in the centre were two beautiful creatures, on the right was a captivating, ash grey hippogriff which had a similar appearance to Buckbeak, the other a golden brown. Silver had already approached them and bowed, with both returning the it, she stroked the ash grey hippogriff and fed the other a ferret. She waved her hand gesturing for Sirius to enter the paddock, he climbed over the small fence and bowed to the winged beast.

The magnificent golden hippogriff walked over and eyed the boy suspiciously, Sirius remained in the bow until the hippogriff finally gave in. He raised his hand to the majestic creature and stroked down his powerful wing. The hippogriff circled Sirius allowing his feathers to brush against the boys arms causing him to chuckle, "Hey! That's what you do to me!"

Silver called from where she had mounted the hippogriff and began cantering it around. The golden creature kicked up the sand from the ground at her before attempting to hide behind Sirius resulting in the pair laughing. Suddenly, Sirius felt himself being lifted up by the hippogriff and was now sitting on its back much like Silver was doing. The beast had began imitating the other hippogriff before approaching his friend. "The one is Storm and the one your on is called Starkeye." The regal creature allowed Sirius to slide off his back, the boy walked to the bucket and reached for a ferret throwing it to the graceful creature.

Suddenly, Sirius was pushed behind Starkeye, he looked up to see Silver pointing her wand at him. "Oi! What the -" Sirius was interrupted by an elegant, white petite hippogriff walking from hut at the back. Silver had demounted the much larger hippogriff and cautiously began walking towards the baby-griff. She slowly bowed allowing it to get a full look at her appearance, Sirius felt a strong connection to the girl indicating she was using her Veela powers.