24 ~ Remorse

Silvers long eyelashes fluttered open as she looked around the familiar hospital wing. By the light coming through the window, she guessed it was now morning. Silver looked around the other occupied beds and saw James had a long gash on his right arm, a small cut on his cheek and a black eye. Peter was in the bed next to him, he seemed fairly unharmed with just a couple of scratches on his arms. Sirius was sat in the chair by her side. He appeared to be in a deep sleep with his hand resting on top of Silvers. She smiled down at him, and brushed her thumb on the top of Sirius' hand. Her smile instantly disappeared from her face when she saw the final occupied bed. Lying there was Remus Lupin, he was deathly pale and the three scars on his face were now freshly opened once again. He was coated in bites and scratches with dried blood coating his clothes. 

Silvers heart dropped, she tried to sit up but a sharp pain shot up her leg sending her back down. She let out a quiet whimper and Sirius' eyes shot open. "Princess, stay lead down. Madame Pomfrey's trying to figure out how to fix your leg." Silver rolled her eyes and groaned. "Please check on Moony then. He looks really pale." Sirius nodded and walked over to his bed, "It was one of his worst full moons last night, I've never seen him so angry or energetic, he's going to be worn out most of this week." He spoke as he checked Remus' cuts and pressed his hand gently across his forehead to check his temperature. 

Madame Pomfrey walked into the room and shooed Sirius away from Remus. She began gently applying a cream onto Remus' cuts, which allowed them to cover over and stop the bleeding. She took a light blue potion and placed a few droplets on each bruise. "Hello again, Miss Snape. This is becoming a regular occurance, isn't it?" She chuckled quietly as she placed a fresh glass of water by his side. She walked over to Silver and gently pulled the blanket from her leg. 

The wound had now stopped bleeding but the gash was still open and exposing the shattered bone. The nurse gently lifted her leg resulting in a pain filled screech from Silver. Sirius grabbed her hand and perched on the edge of the bed. He whispered various things in attempts to distract her from the pain but nothing seemed to work as the tears spilled down her cheeks. Her cries had now woken James and Peter up who had now moved to her bed side. James rested his gashed arm on a pillow and used the other arm to gently brush through her hair, while Peter sat in the chair awkwardly. 

"This is a very difficult thing to heal, thankfully I was able to separate the werewolf saliva from your blood. You can thank your lucky stars that Veela blood is much thicker than normal, thanks to that you won't transform into a werewolf." The boys and Silver let out a sigh of relief. Madame Pomfrey pushed the boys back away from the bed and gave Silver a purple liquid to swallow. She complied and drank the potion, which caused her to feel drowsy before she fell into a deep sleep. 

Madame Pomfrey began using various potions and spells on the girls leg eventually repairing the bone and using a similar potion to Remus' covered over the skin. "Well if you insist on staying by her side, one of you help me wrap up her leg." Madame Pomfrey said as she retrieved bandages from a nearby shelf. James offered but was kindly turned down to his own arm injury. Peter began wrapping round the bandage, helping Madame Pomfrey, while Sirius refused to leave Silvers side. 

Remus stirred and awoke, looking round the room. His eyes landed on the group, with Silver leg lifted onto a pillow, James getting his arm wrapped in bandages, Peter and Sirius sat alongside them and finally Madame Pomfrey busily sorting through potions. "Mr Lupin, you stay right there. Don't even think about getting off that bad." Her stern voice rose without her even needing to turn and see him. Remus groaned and looked down at his hands, "Sirius, can I- can I speak to you please?" The boys nodded, he gently kissed Silvers hand and strode over to his bedside.

"Sirius, I didn't mean to. I'm so sorry and now James' arms all messed up and I almost turned Silver and almost killed Lily, Ivy and Tillie. I'm out of control, you can't come out on full moons anymore." He wept as tears slowly slid down his cheek, the fire of shame and anger burned just under his skin and a deep emptiness filled his heart as the sentiments brewed over and boiled past the seams he could no longer hold together. Tears ran down his face, like the water flowing through the drainsubbing.