10 ~ Christmas day

"Sirius! Wake up! It's Christmas." Silver was bouncing on the boys bed in attempts to wake him up replicating the actions of a child. She giggled as the boy groaned and fidgeted covering his head with the covers. Silver continued to try and wake him until Sirius chuckled and pulled the girl down by her foot resulting in her to fall onto the bed. He swiftly grabbed the girl wrapping his arms around her pulling her close, "Shhhhhh, sleep now Christmas later." Silver giggled trying to escape his grasp meanwhile Sirius had fallen back into a deep sleep. Although the pair were only great friends Silver couldn't help but feel safe in his strong arms. After about ten minutes of struggling Silver eventually gave up, she played with the boys hair and finally drifted off to sleep in the boys arms.

"For goodness sake Silver, will you get up it's Christmas." Sirius joked pulling the covers off of the sleeping girl. Silver jumped out of his bed and scowled at the boy. "Don't you get smart with me." She warned trying to the hide the grin on her lips. Without warning she grabbed the boys hand and lead him down the mansion stairs into the large living room where a large Christmas tree stood with various colourfully wrapped presents underneath it lay. Silver's eyes glistened with excitement as she gazed over the array of gifts that lie before her. Sirius however, wasn't looking at the presents. Instead he was watching Silver with a true smile on his face, not a cocky grin, not an arrogant smirk but a genuine smile. He watched at her deep black eyes that were burst with joy as they darted from present to present. How her body twitched every time she saw a particularly pretty present, how her pink lips were slightly parted in shock and how her cheeks become rosy as she notice Sirius admiring her.

"Hey, I know I'm gorgeous but there's presents to be opened, you can adore me later." Silver giggled, teasing the boy as she walked to the sofa and lead across it. Sirius rolled his eyes, "Oh I'm very sorry, Princess." He chuckled as he sat on the sofa lifting her legs and placing them back on top of his lap. A door opened behind them to reveal a tall man with blue pajamas and a mustard yellow dressing gown stirring a cup of coffee. He smirked at how the duo were on the sofa, "Merry Christmas Cub, Merry Christmas Sirius." He smiled as he sat on the arm chair next to where Silver was sitting. "Merry Christmas." The duo simultaneously spoke.

Newt then looked from the excited, wide eyed girl to the calm and relaxed boy and sighed. "Yes Cub, you can open you presents now." He and Sirius chuckled as Silver dived off the sofa towards the presents grabbing the one closest to her. "I've added Lilys present to the pile somewhere." Newt added before joining the girl on the floor filing through presents. Sirius watched them from the sofa, his eyes lit up whenever Silver grinned at a present and placed it in her pile to open.

He couldn't help notice that despite her messy bed hair, she was gorgeous and not because of her Veela abilities but because of her kind heart and sweet personality. Sirius wanted to go and sit next to her, pull the girl on to his lap and cuddle her never letting go. He wanted to feel her in his arms and not like how a friend would but how a couple would. It was in that moment when he realised he was hopelessly in love with Silver.

"Think fast!" Silver yelled as she threw a large box at the boy who was watching her in a dream-like state. He jumped at her sudden words before quickly catching the large parcel. Silver giggled at the boy, "All those quidditch games must've really helped." She winked before returning to the mountain of presents. Sirius chuckled at the girl before turning the gift over and reading the tag. It was written in the prettiest writing he'd ever seen with curly lettering, he recognised the writing and admired it for a moment:

To Siri,
Merry Christmas, I hope you like it. Now you can replace that old one you have.
Love, Silver
xxx

He grinned at the new nickname she had given him, "Is that nickname going to stick now?" He chuckled looking up at the grinning girl who nodded enthusiasticly. He rolled his eyes before carefully removing the packaging and opening the box. His eyes widened as he admired the beaters bat inside the box. He lifted it out and took a full look around the bat. Silver stood and sat next to the amazed boy as he twisted and turned the bat feeling the smooth wood in his hand. Silver smiled, " Read the base." He looked at her puzzled before eagerly turning the bat upsidedown. He read the delicately carved letters at the bottom of the bat and his heart swelled with admiration for the girl.