48 ~ Weddings

"Lily, you look stunning." Silver beamed, when Lily walked out in her beautiful white gown. Her freckled face looked beautiful with only a small amount of makeup. Her flaming red hair had been pinned up in an elegant bun with white flowers poking through. Hr dress was an A-line skirt with lace detailing starting at the top and diffusing down. She wore a beautiful silver necklace and pearl earrings. Her shoes were a low white heel, with a silver jewelled buckle on the top. Silver could see the slight look of nerves on her face as she looked in the mirror. "Lily, it's going to be perfect, I promise." The red head nodded and turned to look at Silver, instantly her face lit up. "I'm so lucky to have you." Silver smiled and brought the girl into a hug, which was rather difficult with the baby bump. Marlene and Alice came into the room, both of them being brides maids. They began swarming Lily with compliments while Silver walked over to the mirror to check her hair. 

Silver wore an elegant pale pink dress, with flowed over her baby bump beautifully. Her hair had been pulled back in a half up half down bun with jewels placed throughout it. She wore a similar shade of pink flat pumps, she oped for non-heels as her feet often swelled with the pregnancy. Alice and Marlene wore dresses of emerald with a silver, glittery belt across their waist, they wore low-heeled green shoes and had silver jewellery. A woman enter the room informing them that the ceremony was about to start, Lily peered around the corner into the room, so she could see in but they couldn't see her. Silver sighed and put her hand on her shoulder, "Lily, Petunia's not coming." Lily nodded, a frown on her face as she walked back into the dressing room. Silver pulled Lily into a hug and smiled, "You don't need her, you have me. I'm a better sister, anyway." Lily giggled and nodded. The faint music could be heard, indicating that it was time.

Alice and Marlene walked in first, soon followed by Lily and Silver. Lily had asked for Silver to walk her down the isle after hearing the heartbreaking news of her parents deaths. The pair walked down the isle to see a nervous looking James and a beaming Sirius looking back at them. With Dumbledore stood between them ready to initiate the ceremony. Silver took the bouquet of lilies from her hand as she turned to James to start the ceremony.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, and to cherish the words which shall unite Lily and James in marriage.
Marriage is a promise between two people who love each other, and who trust in that love, who honour each other as individuals, and who choose to spend the rest of their lives together.
This ceremony will not create a relationship that does not already exist between you two. It is a symbol of the promises you will make to each other to continue growing stronger as individuals and as partners. No matter what challenges you face, you face them together and no matter how much you succeed, you now succeed together. The love between
 you now joins you as one.
The bride and groom have a few words to share." Dumbledore beamed and stepped back allowing the pair to exchange their vows. James grinned as he pull out a piece of parchment from his suit jacket.

"My Lilypad, the minute I laid my eyes on you, I knew I was going to marry you. I fell for your flaming hair, your emerald eyes but mostly your bossy but smart mind. It may have taken years upon years but now that I have you, I'm never going to let go. I love you Lily, more than you would ever know. I would die for you any day, and that's a promise." The audience clapped and awed as he wiped away one of Lilys fallen tears. Dumbledore smiled down at him and sent him a wink. 

They turned their gazes to Lily as she got out her vows. "James Fleamont Potter, better known as Prongs or Toerag. For the majority of my life, I thought you were an arrogant boy, who cared for no one except himself. I was right, but you changed. You changed for the better. You are the most loving and caring man that I have ever met. I feel for you without even wanting to, I fell for you because I love you. Your messy hair, your cocky strut, your want to keep everyone safe and your constant need to make sure I'm okay. I love you so much, and I know this baby will too." The crowd clapped again as James beamed back at his soon to be wife.