8 ~ Newt Scamander

"Silver, does my beard look ok? I combed it this morning, does it make me look too well groomed to look after such amazing creatures? What if he thinks I look after myself better than my creatures? Do I look after myself more than my creatures? That's it Professor I'm resigning from my position of carer of magical creatures, we must donate them to Mr Scamander for their own good." Hagrid rambled whilst scruffing up his beard in attempts to make it look more natural. "Now, now Hagrid. We must remain calm, just remember Mr Scamander is simply another person alike us, just because he is very well-known does not make him and more or any less superior." Professor Dumbledore spoke wisely in attempts to calm Hagrid down, it had worked all up until they reached the Three Broomsticks, Newts chosen location to meet they little girl and her friends. Hagrid began panicking one again causing to have a shortness of breath and beginning to sweat profusely. Dumbledore place a gentle hand on his back and nodded for the girl to open the door and enter the pub.

The group walked in and there sat in the far right corner of the pub was the one and only Newt Scamander. Silver instantly ran towards the middle aged man, which caught her in his arms lifting her up as if she was as light as a feather. She backed away from the man who had been a father figure for the past five years and looked up at him. He was wearing his signature blue coat with a yellow waist coat, his black bow tie done up tightly around his collar and his old Hufflepuff scarf around his neck. Newt smiled down at the little girl, he had always thought of her as a daughter. He messed up her hair before pulling her into another tight hug, "I've missed you, Cub." Silver smiled at the nickname that she hadn't heard in months. She squeezed him a little tighter, "I've missed you too, Newty." They separated again allowing Silver to introduce her friends. "Newt, this is my friend Sirius, my care of magical creatures professor, Hagrid and of course as you already know Dumbledore." She pointed to each of them in turn sending Hagrid a wink.

Newt shook each of their hands, "Hello Professor, lovely to see you again, hope your doing well. Nice to meet you Hagrid, I hear you are very gifted with magical creature we must talk about that later because at the moment I'm have some particularly difficult issues with some Leucrotta that are newly added to my sanctuary and Silver told me you are the man to help. " Hagrid blushed smiling at the small girl, he sent her a wink before nodding to Newt. "And Sirius, now you be careful around my Cub or else we're going to have a problem. I don't care if your her boyfriend or best friend , if you hurt her I'll hex you into next week. But other than that it's nice to meet you."

Newt and Silver broke out into fits of laughter while Sirius' face which had been one filled with terror had now eased to one of happiness. "How about I go get us all some butterbeers?" Dumbledore suggested making his way to the bar. Silver took a seat next to Newt with Sirius on her other side and Hagrid on the other side of Newt. The group broke out into separate conversations, Newt and Hagrid about their vast collections of magical beings and Sirius and Silvers conversation about her times staying with Newt. 

They all finished their butterbeers and came to the end of their conversations. "Well as much as this has been very pleasant catching up with you Newt, it appears the excitement has gotten to some people in particular, so we best get going." He gestured to Sirius and Silver who had fallen asleep on their seats, Silver had her head resting on Sirius' chest and his head lying on top of hers. His arms were wrapped tightly around her preventing her from falling off her chair.

Newt smiled at the sight and got up to hug his old professor goodbye. "Oh Hagrid I heard you have a Hippogriff so I brought some fresh ferrets for him." Newt reached into his trunk and pulled out three dead ferrets and handed them to Hagrid, he accepted them thankfully and said their goodbyes. Dumbledore and Hagrid left the pub leaving Newt and the two sleeping students. Newt began shaking Sirius awake gently, his eyes fluttered open landing protectively on the sleeping girl in his arms. His cheeks flushed slightly as Newt smiled at the pair, he went to shake Silver awake too but Sirius stopped him and whispered, "Don't wake her she's had a stressful morning, I'll carry her." And with that Sirius stood up carrying the peacefully sleeping Veela bridle style. Newt chuckled waving his wand levitating both his and the children's trunks behind him.