28 ~ Minnie

"You, Marauders are in here far too often lately." Mcgonagall chuckled as she waved her wand making various goblets float into the cupboard at the back of the room. "As we have a Gryffindor Quidditch game coming up against Ravenclaw, you all will be polishing your broomsticks and treating the bristles. When you've finished that you may leave but can Remus, Sirius and Silver stay behind, please." The group nodded and summoned the Gryffindor brooms. Silver summoning hers specifically from her room. She polished it till it was shining and trimmed down the bristles carefully ensuring they were each unified and looking immaculate. 

By the time they'd finished polishing the brooms, the room stank of polish and the smell was seeping into their clothing. "The rest of you are dismissed." Professor Mcgonagall said as she flicked her wand to open the door allowing the others to leave. "Can't get enough of us, can't you Minnie?" Sirius chuckled as he sat on top of one of the desks at the front of the classroom. "Clearly not, Black. Now will you kindly get off the table and sit at the desks." Sirius bowed as he jumped off the table and pulled out the chair taking a seat on it.

"Silver, the next full moon is mere weeks away and it'll be the first time you transform. I'm sure Mister Lupin will inform you of the details of the transformation within time but for now I want you and Sirius to channel your shared magic. What I hope is that, if the bond between the two of you can grow strong enough, you may be able to reverse the bite." Remus' head shot up, his eyes widened as his gaze switched between Silver and Mcgonagall. "You're saying that she may not have to transform?" Minerva nodded, a small smile playing on her lips.

"I want you three to join me Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sunday afternoons till the full moon. Silver and Sirius, you'll work on strengthening your magic between you. While Remus, you'll help me, together we will brew you some wolfsbane potion in attempts to try and ease the pain when you do transform. It's a very advanced potion and I'm not that gifted in potions but I hear Silver and yourself are. I would ask Professor Slughorn, however I fear he may over evaluate the situation and that we do not want." She spoke calmly to each of the three as she explained. Silver, Remus and Sirius simply nodded every so often to show their interest.

"Our first session will be tomorrow, we'll have Sirius and Silver try to communicate through their minds, telepathically if you will. Remus, the potions can take anywhere from three weeks to two months to brew, but I hope the use of Silver Veela extract will speed it up. Of course, only if she agrees to give it." Remus looked at the teacher with a perplexed look on his face. "You mean Veela extract as in Veela blood?" She asked wearily. Professor Mcgonagall nodded and turned to Silver but before she could respond Remus shook his head, "No, we're not taking some of her blood just to use it for a potion. I can deal with another full moon without it, it's not as if I haven't done so before." Remus blurted, looking between Silver and Mcgonagall. "Well, I say you can. Remus don't worry, my Veela blood saved me from fully transforming and if it can do the same for you, I'm going to do it no matter what you say."

Remus groaned and began pacing around the room. "Padfoot, knock some sense into your girlfriend. Tell her, she is not going to give her blood." Remus demanded become frustrated as no one was taking his side. "I'm not going to tell her to do anything, if I did she'd probably chop my balls off. She mad, a raving loon. She's scary." He whined as Silver grinned kissing his cheek. Professor Mcgonagall erupted into fits of giggles, "As much as that is extremely inappropriate Mister Black, it's rather comical but I'm sure Silver isn't going to remove your balls." Silver tilted her head to the side looking at the woman, a cheeky smirk playing on her lips, "I wouldn't be too sure about that, Minnie." She chuckled again holding her stomach and wiping a tear of laughter away.

"I must say, no matter how much chaos you cause, you never fail to make me laugh. Anyway, enough about Sirius' balls, Remus, Silver has agreed to use her blood. It will speed the brewing time up immensely. Veela blood is very similar to unicorn blood in some ways, it has healing abilities, it is very thick and when added to a potion it acts as a catalyst. Silvers Veela extract can make the potion ready by the next full moon, then we'll continue to brew the potion in preparation for each full moon to come. Remus, we all care very deeply about you. You are no longer alone in this, we can help you. But you have to let us." 

Remus nodded slowly, "Only a small amount and only for this one time. If at any moment you want to back out, Silver just tell me and you don't have to." Silver giggled and nodded pulling the lycanthrope into a hug. Remus turned to the professor and smiled, "Thank you, Minnie." She smiled back and pulled out her wand again, "Now shoo, off go. I have my classroom to clean." She pushed them out of the room and grabbed a weeping brush and began sweeping her floor.

"Professor Mcgonagall?" A small, quiet voice spoke from the doorway, the teacher turned to see Silver stood in the doorway fiddling with her hands. "Why Silver, I don't think I've heard you call me that in a rather long time since you've been here." She chuckled placing the broom back and gesturing for Silver to take a seat. 

"Do you really think we can stop me from transforming?" Silver asked nervously, not wanting to meet the professors eyes. Mcgonagall sighed and sat in the desk beside her, "Silver, I really think the bond you and Sirius share will be strong enough. I can't promise anything though Silver, you must understand that." Silver nodded slowly as a single tear slipped from her eye, "I just don't think I can do it. I've seen Remus transform so many times, it takes everything out of him. It looks so excruciatingly painful and exhausting, I can't do that. I know I wouldn't be fully transforming but I'm not strong enough." Silver cried. 

The professor pulled her into a hug as she stroked the girls hair, "Silver you are stronger than you know. You are easily the strongest witch I've ever met. You have so much knowledge and determination, you have true power and strength. You just need to trust yourself. Silver, I see you like a daughter and I wouldn't put you at risk if I didn't believe it would work." 

Silver nodded and wiped away her tears taking a deep breath to calm herself down. "Thank you, professor." Mcgonagall smiled, and stood walking to her desk. "Oh and Silver, I'm aware that Remus has been trying to reverse his effects by consuming large amount of chocolate, please try and talk to him. The chocolate isn't going to work but allow him to keep using it as a coping mechanism. Just be there for him when he needs it. I fear that he may go off the rails if we don't keep a close eye on him." Silver nodded taking in every piece of information she was given. Silver stood to leave the room, "One last thing Silver," Mcgonagall called, the girl leant back into the room and peered to the professor. "Please, call me Minnie. It's just peculiar when you don't." Silver smiled and nodded as she left, "Of course Minnie, I wouldn't have it any other way." 

Silver caught up with the boys and the three of them joined the others in the Gryffindor common room. They were sat at the red sofa in front of the fire, Ivy was in the middle of reading a book aloud for the others who seemed to be almost falling asleep. Lily was laying across James, her eyes were shut tight and her breathing was steady, clearly fast asleep. James was struggling to keep his eyes open as he traced patterned on Lily's arm as she slept. Peter appeared to be passed out on the floor with a half eaten pumpkin pasty in his left hand. Tillie was leaning on Ivy peering down at the page as she read. Ivy paused her reading to send her boyfriend a sweet smile before returning to her place. 

Sirius chuckled and lifted Peter and began carrying him in the direction of the dorm. He gently placed him in his bed before going back down to lift Lily and a now sleeping James and carrying them up to James' bed. Ivy yawn and allowed Remus to carry her bridal style up to his bed. Silver had conjured a small single bed in the dormitory for Tillie to sleep in after she refused to share a bed with Peter, whether he was sleeping or not. Finally, with everyone in their beds Silver and Sirius climbed into their beds and cuddled up together.

"You know I truly love you, Princess." The girl smiled through a yawn and nodded. "And I truly love you, Siri." She whispered back as her eyes closed. Sirius smiled down at the sleeping girl in his arms. He couldn't believe he actually found a girl so special she made him forget his player ways and actually loved him back. His dreams were filled with the girl in different scenarios, their wedding day where he pictured her in a beautiful, white silk dress, her hair glittering like diamonds. He pictured her holding his kids, a small boy around the age of a toddler standing by her feet and a baby girl, wrapped in a pink blanket in her arms. Silvers face looking up at him lovingly.