53 ~ The Finale

Severus entered into the cottage at Godric's Hollow and instantly felt sick to his stomach. The place was ruined, with its doors and windows missing, shards of glass spilling out. Black ash coated the ground as Severus rushed in. Then he spotted the lifeless body of James sprawled out on the stairs. His eye wide open and frozen in their horror filled state. Severus rushed passed him and into the nursery. The sight was worse than any he could've imagined. The room was practically blown apart, books and toys were burnt to ashes, the only thing that was still intact was an white, oak crib. Inside sat a crying child, a bloodied cut across his forehead. But none of this mattered to Severus, the thing that made his life fall apart and his walls crumble was the corpse of Lily laying on the floor in front of him. 

Severus sank to his knees and pulled the girl onto his lap, unable to contain it, he let out a heart shattering cry. He had lost everyone, every single person he had loved was now gone. His happiness ended when Silver died, now his life had ended with Lily. With only the sound of the child's cries Snape sat there and cradled Lilys dead body. No! She can't be dead! No! Snape could hear mutters and cries from outside, in a flash he left the room, he left the last person he loved. 

"You let her die! She is dead and you did nothing! You could've done so much more!" Severus screeched as he reached Dumbledores office. Inside sat the man, seemingly already aware of the news. He looked up, sadness filling his eyes as he looked at Snape. "She's dead." Snape wept, his anger diffusing into grief. "Severus, her child survived, Harry is still alive." Snape nodded, reliving the moment he stepped in and saw Lilys body. "There will come a time, when Harry Potter must be told something. But you must wait until Voldemort is at his most vulnerable." Snape looked up at him, he has just lost the woman he loves after risking his life for over a year for her, and now he is asking yet another request. "Must be told what?"

"On the night Lord Voldemort went to Godric's Hollow to kill Harry, when Lily Potter cast herself between the two, the curse rebounded. When that happened, a part of Voldemorts soul latched itself onto the only living thing it could find, Harry himself. There's a reason Harry can speak with snakes. There's a reason he can look into Lord Voldemorts mind. A part of Voldemort lives inside him." Snape peered around the room as he spoke, but only on the last sentence did his head snap towards the headmaster. Anger grew inside him, "So when the time comes, the boy must die?" Snape said distantly.

Dumbledore looked down and nodded. "Yes, yes, he must die." He said slowly, his eyes moving towards his desk, guilt clearly growing within him. "You've kept him alive so he can die at the proper moment. You're going to raise him like a pig for slaughter." Severus spat looking at the man with disgust. Dumbledore looked back up at Snape, "Don't tell me now, that you have grown to care for the boy." Snape felt the tears sting his eyes as he reached for his wand. He waved it in a circular motion and muttered, "Expecto Patronum." Instantly, a silvery doe pranced around the room, circling the pair. Dumbledore followed it around, amazed by its shape, before it disappeared out the window. Snape watched after it, longing for it to belong to Lily. For her to be alive to conjure it.

"After all this time?"
"Always."

"So when the time comes, the boy must die?" Snape said, his voice shaking slightly. Dumbledore nodded returning his gaze back to Snape. "Yes, he must die. Voldemort himself must do it, that is essential." Snape nodded and looked down at the ground, the only living remnants of the woman he loved must also die too. 

A/n - I know the Snape and Dumbledore scene was way after Lilys death, but I put it on the same day just to make it work better.

He stormed out of the office, all the way to the dungeons. He reached his classrooms and collapsed onto the floor. "She's gone. They're gone. Both of them gone. Silver. Lily. It's all my fault." Snape wept on the floor crying into his black robes. He looked into the distance of the classroom, everything faded till there was nothing, he felt nothing. Everything had ended. In that moment, Severus promised himself to hate this boy, he promised himself to see the worst in him, compare him to James. So that when the time comes, when the boy must die, he would feel no more sadness, no more remorse, no more guilt. So when it was time, he felt nothing but hatred towards the boy.

Dumbledore slumped down onto his desk chair, he placed his head in his hands and cried. The tears dripped onto the desk as he wailed, alone in his office, thinking about the people he could've done more to help. James and Lily Potter didn't deserve this, they were good people, they cared for others. But now they're gone, Silvers gone. She was such a bright witch, he'd secretly hoped that one day she would be headmistress of Hogwarts. He saw the same kindness and naturing nature that he'd seen in Mcgonagall. He conjured a patronus and sent it to Mcgonagall to inform her of the news. He watched the sparkling phoenix disappear from the room, leaving a dark and dull, leaving Dumbledore to wallow in the sadness and grief that was to come.

Sirius and Hagrid approached the house, finding it ruined and burnt to ashes. Sirius rushed in to find baby Harry in the crib crying. He let out a sigh of relief as he cradled the boy in his arms. He let out cries of pain and sadness as he passed by the bodies of his best friends. He reached outside and gently placed Harry in the side cart of his blue motorbike. "It's okay Harry, I'm here, you're safe now."

"Sirius, I'm sorry but I'm on strict instructions." Sirius snapped his head around to see Hagrid, tears rolling down his face. Sirius shook his head and stood in front of the motorcycle. "You can't, I'm his godfather. Please, let me take him home. He's the last thing I have Hagrid. Everyone's gone, please let me keep the last thing I have." Hagrid looked down at the ground, allowing the tears to drop onto the pavement. "Sirius, I can't Dumbledore said to bring Harry straight to him." Sirius nodded and hopped off the motorbike.

"Take it, it'll get you there faster and Harry's already strapped in." Hagrid wiped away a tear and smiled at Sirius as he mounted the motorcycle. "Thank you, Sirius." He peered into the side cart and smiled at the now sleeping child, he started the engine and disappeared into the distance. Sirius turned back to see a mousy boy sneaking off down the road. 

"You're dead, Wormtail!" Sirius screamed as he chased him down, Peter broke out into a run and stopped when he found a crowd of people. He smiled arrogantly at Sirius and gripped his wand. Sirius couldn't care less about the muggles and pointed his wand at Peter. Gasps could be heard from the surrounding people but the only thing Sirius could hear was the slight chuckle of Peter. 

All of a sudden, Peter grabbed his wand and shot a huge explosion towards Sirius who blocked it just in time. Sirius stuttered back and watched as the surrounding muggles dropped to the ground, their lifeless bodies hitting the gravel hard. Sirius turned back to see Peter slicing his finger off before transforming into a rat and scurrying down the drain. 

Sirius growled and lunged to help the muggles but was pulled back by a pair of strong arms. Sirius was forced down onto the ground, his face smacking the pavement and a man above him restricting his movement. "Sirius Black, you've earnt yourself a one way ticket to Azkaban for the murder of thirteen muggles, Peter Pettigrew and assisting the murder of Lily and James Potter." Sirius shook his head and tried to explain to the Aurors what had truly happened but none would listen.

He was flown across the sea and put in Azkaban, it was a dark and death like place. Sirius could feel the soulless bodies that were kept in the cells beside him. He pressed his head against the bars and closed his eyes. "Everything's falling apart without you Silver. I need you, now more than ever. I promise, I'll get out of here and I'll kill that bastard rat." 

A/n - And that's the book finished. Thank you all so much for reading, there are many things left untold that I could put into a sequel and I have planned how to link it but I don't know whether it will be received well. I've loved writing this and I hope you've enjoyed reading it.