35 ~ New Transformations

"Good evening, Silver. Are you and Sirius ready for tonight? I think you two have a really good chance of stopping your transformation." Professor Mcgonagall beamed at her after the feast the following day. Silver turned to Remus and Ivy, who were standing behind her. "Professor, Sirius and Severus were dueling and both spells hit Silver and the two haven't spoken since. Sirius won't be here to do the spell so Silver will have to transform." The professor nodded silently and lead the three out of the corridor into a classroom. "Ivy, please could you go and get James?" Ivy nodded and raced out of the room to find the boy.

Silver sat at a desk, nervously fiddling with her hands. Remus sat next to her, "Pup, it's going to be okay. It'll just be like transforming into a wolf, but a little more painful." Silver nodded and sent him a weak smile. James, Lily and Ivy ran into the room and looked to the professor. James' hair was windswept and his face was flushed, Silver assumed he had been practising Quidditch with Lily watching.

"This full moon is going to be a little different. Remus is going to be weaker this time and he'll be in control of what he's doing. As this is Silver's first transformation, she's going to experience the pain for the first time. I want your concern to be on the pair of them, with Sirius absent, it may be difficult to keep an eye on both." James nodded and sat beside Silver grabbing her hand and squeezing it comfortingly.

"The transformation will begin in about two hours so I suggest you go to the common room for a bit and relax. Please try to remain calm and not stress too much. Go to the shack slightly earlier tonight, and please be there for the transformation." The group nodded and with Ivy and Lily they left the classroom, "Ivy, can I have a word please?" Mcgonagall called after the group down the corridor. The dark haired girl nodded and jogged back to the classroom, "Due to Sirius' absence I believe James may need some help tonight, having both Silver and Remus transforming. I of course cannot make you an animagus, but I can transfigure you into an animal for the evening to help James. I would allow Lily the transformation but I understand that you and Silver have grown very close lately."

Ivy's eyes widened as she looked at the professor, "Could you really transfigure me, Professor?" Professor Mcgonagall nodded and grinned down at the girl, "It's against school rules but I won't tell if you won't." Ivy giggled and shook her head. The professor nodded and wandered over to her cupboard, "Come to me when the others leave and I'll transform you into a fox. I believe that'll be the easiest for you to control." Ivy nodded and thanked the professor before joining her friends in the common room. She decided not to tell the others, so Lily doesn't feel left out as she is unable to transform.

Within time, James, Silver, Remus and Peter left underneath James' invisibility cloak. Lily had gone up to bed and Ivy decided this would be the perfect time to go to Mcgonagall. She raced down the corridors dodging any teachers and especially Filch or Mrs. Norris. Breathlessly, she reached the woman's classroom and ducked into it. Professor Mcgonagall chuckled upon seeing the girl and lead her inside the room before shutting the door behind her. "Are you ready?" Mcgonagall asked calmly, Ivy nodded trying to catch her breath.

Mcgonagall waved her wand over the girls head and instantly she shrunk down to the size of a fox. Mcgonagall gently lifted Ivy and tucked her under her robes. "Keep quiet Ivy, we've now got to get you to the grounds." Ivy complied and kept silent as the professor quietly made her way through the castle. Finally, they reached the grounds and Professor Mcgonagall placed the fox on the ground. Ivy circled the ground for a moment, trying to get used to her fox form before racing off towards the Whomping Willow. Mcgonagall watched after her until the fox had disappeared beneath the tree.

Ivy raced down the tunnel before coming to a rickety old shack. "So this is what it looks like inside." She thought to herself as she searched for her friends. Suddenly, she heard screamed from above her. Ivy darted up the steps to see a large stag, a rat, a wolf and Silver. She recognised the animals to be James, Peter and Remus. She cautiously walked towards the group, but their full concentration was on Silver. The small girl shrieking in pain, the sound of bones cracking were echoing throughout the room.